Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Schedule for 2007 California

I

ianevans

We have a 2007 California automatic. It only has 70,000 miles on the odometer and has been regularly serviced. I am however concerned that I may be missing large service items such as the cambelt change.

Does anyone know where I can get access to the recommended servicing schedule for our vehicle, especially as regards major components?

Thank you,

Ian

We have a 2007 California automatic. It only has 70,000 miles on the odometer and has been regularly serviced. I am however concerned that I may be missing large service items such as the cambelt change.

Does anyone know where I can get access to the recommended servicing schedule for our vehicle, especially as regards major components?

Thank you,

Ian
California’s from that era have a 5 cylinder 2.5l engine with no cambelt. They have timing chains so no cambelt to change.

Thank you,

Ian
Hi.
I had a 2007 conversion based on T5 2.5tdi. You probably have the BNZ engine which has the diesel particulate filter (DPF). It’s a great engine but it does have a few weak areas to watch. No timing belt - it is gear driven, but you still need to check for oil leaks etc. The EGR can be problematic as can be the dual mass flywheel (DMF) and I believe the os drive shaft splines are known for wearing.
I had these all changed by the time I sold it with 110k miles along with the usual wear n tear items - pads, springs, tyres, etc.
But I loved the van - great engine and if it’s been serviced with right oil and with mechanics who know this engine, will go on forever.

Thanks for all your great input. Much appreciated. Ian

Back