Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing

J

Jase53

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all. I have a 2012 california T5.1. Its service is due soon for a major one with a cambelt change. Ive had it since August where the previous owner had it serviced at a VW main dealer. I have used a fairly local garage for years for all of my cars, the previous vehicle was a vw kombi with 170000 on the clock. They have a technician that used to work for vw. They are really good and honest. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Should I go with a main dealer or to my trusted garage? I don't paying vw prices but do you get value for money?

Jase,

ultimately it’s your call, but if you have a garage you trust and obviously don’t need to keep with VW for warranty reasons I see no reason to pay the main dealer prices.

if you want to keep it all VW parts just ask the indi to use original parts (not pattern), as you’ve had a Transporter based van before I assume you’ll know your stuff.

obviously keep all records of services etc

value for money and VW shouldn’t be used in the same sentence! :cheers

Last edited:
Hi Perfectos thank you for your thoughts. Yes the garage I use do use VW parts and as I don't have any warranty to worry about. Will ponder on it.

Hi Perfectos thank you for your thoughts. Yes the garage I use do use VW parts and as I don't have any warranty to worry about. Will ponder on it.
No problem ,

but you missed an all important part of this forum

photos pls

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
Back