Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Serving Costs

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our California is due a cambelt and water pump change and a major service. I was quoted £510 for the cambelt work and £320ish for the full service by Heritage Bristol. I subsequently rang SMG and was given a much cheaper quote, however, having checked on the satnav, it's too far for us to travel to make it worthwhile.... Shame.

Does anyone know if other main dealers price match?

What does the full service include? I have always done servicing myself in the past but have never owned a vehicle of this value until now, so feel like I should keep the stamps in the book as it may influence any vw good will in the future should anything big go wrong.

Thanks,

Andrew.

As your van is now 6 years old there is no need to stick with a VW dealer. If you know a decent independent garage they will usually be much cheaper. The trick is knowing a decent garage. Trusted recommendations are the best way.

This is fine for most work such as services, but I would get VW to do the cambelt.
I used Breeze in Totton for mine last year and would recommend them. Closer to Bristol than SMG Cowford and did a decent deal that was cheaper than Breeze in Poole oddly.

Alan

Would recommend Breeze Totton excellent service been using them on & off for six years now.

Rob

Back