Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SheltaPod?

podge

podge

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi there

Does anyone have one of these and can give any feedback on it?

We've just ordered a Beach for delivery in March (hooray!) - and decided at the last minute to not get the VW awning as these look pretty versatile. That and the blue one would go well with the Acapulco Blue of the van

http://www.sheltapodcampervanawnings.co.uk/

I bought one of the original Kickstarter ones. Still in the box as I’ve not had a chance to use it. There’s another round of funding at the moment.

It’s completerly different to the VW awning, as in it’s a drive-away awning.

I thought the awning was standard, has that changed for MY18? I really would recommend you add the VW one, plus you can attach other awnings to it as well.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'd be intrigued to see how quickly it could be put up - looks to be a good solution and a half way point between the awning that VW provide and a full blown, larger awning

The awning isn't standard, but it's not too much though (as a fraction of what the total price is anyway) - so i'll probably just stuff it and add it into the order..

Hi,
we saw one at the Stratford meet earlier this year and were impressed. We have tried various ways of increasing the outdoor space when staying for a couple of days or more. We have a airbeam drive away for longer stays on one site, it's great, but bulky. We have the comfortz awning sides, but find them a little claustrophobic in use, but very neat when put away. The sheltapod was very tidy when in it's bag, easy to put up and down ( the owners very kindly demonstrated ) and has the flexibilty of having the wind out awning in, out, or anywhere in between. We have ordered whilst on offer, delivery due in March. We have gone for grey, personal preference, we don't do bright colours. Hope this helps.

I wouldn't regard it as a direct alternative to the factory fitted wind out awning.

Has the advantage of giving full cover and can be left behind for shopping or scenic trips out with somewhere under cover for various items.

Hi,
we saw one at the Stratford meet earlier this year and were impressed. We have tried various ways of increasing the outdoor space when staying for a couple of days or more. We have a airbeam drive away for longer stays on one site, it's great, but bulky. We have the comfortz awning sides, but find them a little claustrophobic in use, but very neat when put away. The sheltapod was very tidy when in it's bag, easy to put up and down ( the owners very kindly demonstrated ) and has the flexibilty of having the wind out awning in, out, or anywhere in between. We have ordered whilst on offer, delivery due in March. We have gone for grey, personal preference, we don't do bright colours. Hope this helps.
Hi, three years on from your post about your Sheltapod I wondered if you are still impressed with it as a convenient alternative to bulky awnings for your VW? Id love to know what you think. Thanks

Hi, three years on from your post about your Sheltapod I wondered if you are still impressed with it as a convenient alternative to bulky awnings for your VW? Id love to know what you think. Thanks
Me too. Good resurrection of a previous post.

51B13F01-9CE5-4397-9696-F84C1E18144E.jpegFunny you should ask. Away with the van and the pod at the minute, taking photos of it so it can go on that famous auction website! I like it, but the other half doesn’t. It is very flexible in terms of use. And compact when packed away. Has stood up to a mighty storm on the gower once when tents and awnings all around us didn’t. But he doesn’t like it’s pole design, and the amount of pegs needed, so we’re looking for an alternative. . Hope that helps.

View attachment 65743Funny you should ask. Away with the van and the pod at the minute, taking photos of it so it can go on that famous auction website! I like it, but the other half doesn’t. It is very flexible in terms of use. And compact when packed away. Has stood up to a mighty storm on the gower once when tents and awnings all around us didn’t. But he doesn’t like it’s pole design, and the amount of pegs needed, so we’re looking for an alternative. . Hope that helps.
Good shape for the wind to just flow over.

We have one and have used it a couple of times. Quite spacious and used as an extra sleeping compartment on one trip, although you lose the use of the awning for general use then.
Last time just the two of us, as a dining/cooking/relaxing area.
It sits quite far out from the van, and even with the privacy panels doesn't give a whole lot of privacy or weather protection. Quite a compact pack size but a bit of a faff to erect on your own if needed.
I can see us hanging on to it but got our eye on a Gybe Bus Tent (if I could be sure it attach without removing the awning), or a Vango Magra.

View attachment 65743Funny you should ask. Away with the van and the pod at the minute, taking photos of it so it can go on that famous auction website! I like it, but the other half doesn’t. It is very flexible in terms of use. And compact when packed away. Has stood up to a mighty storm on the gower once when tents and awnings all around us didn’t. But he doesn’t like it’s pole design, and the amount of pegs needed, so we’re looking for an alternative. . Hope that helps.
That’s useful to hear. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Back