Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Sherwood Forest Meeting - May??

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks,

13th / 14th May.

I'm thinking of arranging a Meeting in May at the Sherwood Forest Holiday Park and I'm just trying to gauge numbers so I can confirm back to the site - Cost wise it'll be between £30/40 for the Friday and Sat Night - But I can confirm once I've have and idea on potential numbers with the site. EHU is included and the pitches also have aerial ports for the TV. http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/sherwood-forest/photo-gallery.html

We stopped here last October and it was beautiful! A lovely site with a stream running through the middle of the site - and around some of the pitches. - (Just check out the reviews on line)

The site is very peaceful has surrounding woods for walks with the dog - good facilities and a clubhouse for us to make use of on the Saturday night, a park for the kids and the best camping shop I've seen on a campsite yet! I can arrange some food and a quiz etc for the Saturday night if anyone is interested.

Location wise - You have Sherwood forest steam railway pretty much next door - Sherwood forest visitors center 5 mins away (See the Major Oak). Sherwood pines (mountain biking), Amen Corner Karting and Rufford Abbey / Country Park Just down the road. A great location with lots around to do.

Just add your interest to this post and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers
Nick

Second what Nick says about the site. Definitely up for this.
Make sure to visit the gents loo in the Dog & Duck pub in Clipstone. :D

I grew up in Edwinstowe so basically this is all my playground ;) Unfortunately I jow

*now live in Barcelona so won't be able to make this :( I'll be there in April though with my new van for a visit, will be tge first big trip!!

It's a great area for a meet and to spend a weekend, definitely recommended!

Second what Nick says about the site. Definitely up for this.
Make sure to visit the gents loo in the Dog & Duck pub in Clipstone. :D

I forgot about that Brian! :)I thought it was some sort of hand drier good job I didnt try and get it workingo_Oo_Oo_O

Put us down for weekend only 40 mins away for us Thanks Sheila Michael and coco the cocker.

Put us down for weekend only 40 mins away for us Thanks Sheila Michael and coco the cocker.

Will do, I'll bring my cockers too - Oscar and Poppy - they love to run around in the woods!

I have 6 possibles already so once I hear back from the site I'll pop a few more details up.
I think they have up to 30 pitches for us, some plenty of room!

Hi Folks,

13th / 14th May.

I'm thinking of arranging a Meeting in May at the Sherwood Forest Holiday Park and I'm just trying to gauge numbers so I can confirm back to the site - Cost wise it'll be between £30/40 for the Friday and Sat Night - But I can confirm once I've have and idea on potential numbers with the site. EHU is included and the pitches also have aerial ports for the TV. http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/sherwood-forest/photo-gallery.html

We stopped here last October and it was beautiful! A lovely site with a stream running through the middle of the site - and around some of the pitches. - (Just check out the reviews on line)

The site is very peaceful has surrounding woods for walks with the dog - good facilities and a clubhouse for us to make use of on the Saturday night, a park for the kids and the best camping shop I've seen on a campsite yet! I can arrange some food and a quiz etc for the Saturday night if anyone is interested.

Location wise - You have Sherwood forest steam railway pretty much next door - Sherwood forest visitors center 5 mins away (See the Major Oak). Sherwood pines (mountain biking), Amen Corner Karting and Rufford Abbey / Country Park Just down the road. A great location with lots around to do.

Just add your interest to this post and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers
Nick
Hi Nick we take delivery of our first Cali on 1st March hopefully. So looking forward to any experience we can gain. So count us in it sounds perfect.

We will be off to France for several weeks at the end of June so need to get as much advice from all you experienced owners. This site has been so useful in us choosing what we hope will be the right specification for us and just can't wait to take delivery.

Look forward to receiving full details.

Nick S

Hi Nick we take delivery of our first Cali on 1st March hopefully. So looking forward to any experience we can gain. So count us in it sounds perfect.

We will be off to France for several weeks at the end of June so need to get as much advice from all you experienced owners. This site has been so useful in us choosing what we hope will be the right specification for us and just can't wait to take delivery.

Look forward to receiving full details.

Nick S
Are you booked in for the Gloucester meet in April?

That's a lovely site in Tewkesbury :thumb

Hi Folks,

The Campsite has just confirmed that we can go ahead with this weekend at £40 for the two nights (Normally £28 a night). I'll arrange an optional meal for the Saturday night and a few games etc for us all to get in the spirit of things. We have to book a minimum of 10 pitches which I already have but I'll try and confirm maximum numbers but at a guess I'd say 30 maximum.

If anyone else is interested in joining please add you're interest to this thread so I can keep an eye on numbers.

Cheers All and look forward to seeing you in May :thumb

Hi
Just looked at the website and it looks great. There are various areas on the site. Will we all be booked in the same area (I assume so)? And if so what facilities available (re hook up / non breathable awnings allowed etc.) ?

Hi Alsion,

We've got the Cedar / Rriverside area which follows the stream around - they.are a mix of grass and hard standing pitches with EHU and TV Aerial ports on the pitch itself - I can't imagine you'll have an issue with the awning but you'll need some rock pegs perhaps :thumb

Sorry, one more question before I book - if I want to stay (an) extra night(s) - what's the best way to do it so I don't have to move home...

Hi Nick am interested in this meet, 13th & 14th May is a Friday & Saturday, are they the correct dates ??

Sorry, one more question before I book - if I want to stay (an) extra night(s) - what's the best way to do it so I don't have to move home...
I'll have a word with the site when I confirm numbers - I can't see it being a problem on a Sunday Night.
I'll see if you can just pay for an extra night when you're there.:thumb

Yep
Hi Nick am interested in this meet, 13th & 14th May is a Friday & Saturday, are they the correct dates ??
Yep, Friday 13th, Sat 14th - Depart Sunday 15th :thumb

Hi all I have just booked up today, look forward to meet you all.

Terry

Hello Terry,

It'll be good to meet you :) Tickets are selling well so hopefully It'll be a sell out.
Quite a few people with pooches are booking so I'm going to arrange a walk on the Saturday to the local Pub (The dog and duck) This will be part woodland - part farmland - part pavement, approx 1.5 / 2miles from memory.

Its a great pub with a great lunchtime menu - and of course - liquid refreshments!

Brian, Would you be so kind to lead the walk? As you know the way to the Pub already :):thumb ....No comment :bananadance

No problem Nick. Going's OK, coming back might be a bit of a wander round though depending on how long we are in the pub. ;)

Hi Nick,
Myself and hubby are definitely interested too, it sounds a lovely site! :thumb