Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shoe Box by Bus-Boxx

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I've sen a couple of posts about similar products although quite expensive. I also recall someone has made their own version. This product looks pretty good and the price isn't as eye watering as others. I did purchase a washing line from Bus-Boxx last year which was really well made, therefore I can only assume this should be quite reasonable. We haven't made a purchase just yet but as getting close.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Looking at that has got me thinking, what about a fitted box that fills the step recess completely with an opening lid.

It would make the step into the van a bit higher but would give a bigger flat floor inside the van when the door was shut.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
They also make a potential alternative pull-out rear shelf to the calicamp version.

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I've sen a couple of posts about similar products although quite expensive. I also recall someone has made their own version. This product looks pretty good and the price isn't as eye watering as others. I did purchase a washing line from Bus-Boxx last year which was really well made, therefore I can only assume this should be quite reasonable. We haven't made a purchase just yet but as getting close.

That looks very reasonably priced. I think, it would be better suited to California owners that mostly only have two occupants as the lower output for the heater in the rear (3 zone climate) comes out there. This might be good for drying wet shoes/boots though. I like the remote 12v output as that is a tricky one to get to.

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I think that’s a clever use of dead space, although I can’t see how it is secured ?
in the instance of heavy breaking or god forbid an accident would it stay in place ?

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I think that’s a clever use of dead space, although I can’t see how it is secured ?
in the instance of heavy breaking or god forbid an accident would it stay in place ?
The description states:
"The shoeBoxx is fastened with Velcro fasteners and a safety strap"
Quite how I'm not not so sure. I was planning to ask them about this.

J

johna

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The description states:
Good find. Please tell us what you find out. I was going to make something myself but at that price might buy instead.

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Looking at that has got me thinking, what about a fitted box that fills the step recess completely with an opening lid.

It would make the step into the van a bit higher but would give a bigger flat floor inside the van when the door was shut.

Something like this?

5dbfe69914a2858f6e6c126b146e9adc.jpg

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Yes but with a lifting lid so could be got at from inside the van.

Nick.C

Nick.C

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The description states:
I would be really interested to hear your verdict, if you do go ahead with the ShoeBoxx and some photos would be good too.

R

Rowls1958

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
They also make a potential alternative pull-out rear shelf to the calicamp version.
The diy at €299 looks good, anyone got one ?

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Nope. I build one myself, for just under € 250. Mainly because the commercial ones were 500-700 euro's. Really enjoyed making it, but I have to admit, for 299 I would buy that one! It looks real nice.

lade11-1024x576.jpg

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Good find. Please tell us what you find out. I was going to make something myself but at that price might buy instead.
hi @johna I got a reply from Bus Boxx which wasn't very helpful, in fact it was of no use at all.

"Well, all I can tell you about the shoeBOXX is:
It is fixed on the floor of the bus by a piece of velcro and a strap as you mentioned.
The clients who have already ordered the shoeBOXX all managed to install it.
This proofs evident that by the time you have everything in front of you, you just naturally know how to fix it. I personally did not have the chance yet to see the shoeBOXX live."

As you can see the only clue is Velcro on the floor. Not sure if that is the step floor or the van floor, if you know what I mean. Whichever floor it is the chances are it'll all already have a carpet on one or both of them. I might go back and ask again but I'm not sure what I'll get back. Sorry about that.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
This is still on my to do list.
Saw this one and I’m definitely copying this idea with the little shelf attached.

19761F1F-8AC2-4AF6-906E-BD92E5CA61C2.jpeg

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150

If you get one, don’t hang your key on it, like they do in one of their pics.