Short weekend away in Holland

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
The Cali been sitting in the garage since april allready returning from a trip to France , we had a rather very hefty past month as missus HC had been diagnosed the C-word disease , had some surgery and recoverd pretty well , docter say it's not spread out all over her body , good news !

So off to Holland as we got invited to see the Grand California showroom premiere at Camper Centrum Nederland . I'm not getting one but still nice to check out our new big brother.
See details here:

We took off arround 14pm to arrive in Amersfoort at 16pm , had a small check-up done on the Cali and spending the evening with snacks&drinks and discovering the Grand California afterwarts .
Then about 21pm headed to a rather small farm/campsite i found searching "small campsites" on the www.

It's a cowfarm (65 milkcows) and a museum on farmrelated stuff and the afterwar development of our lifestyle. Loooots of very nice retro stuff to see in the rather huge museum , diffrent barns on the farm been housed with all kinds of old school stuff .
Also lots of tractors ....

While the husband runs the farm , the lady of the house runs the museum and coffeehouse

and since a few years they got a 7 pitch campersite , very nice pitches . A short walk to a rebuild stable that holds a few toilets and one shower . So very basic facilities but actually just enough for a weekend .
The weather was great , as it was all over the continent i think this weekend .
We arrived as second camper on fridayevening and we ended staying just two campers.

Sathurday the other took off and late aftenoon a new came in , so very quite and relaxed ....
We did nothing else the doing nothing , as we are now without dog (sadly) we can just do whatever comes to mind . We used to travel all in function of our beloved Mieke , but since we had to let her go in january we now need to find a new way of travelling. We used to dedicate our trips entierly to the dog and walking . Now we can sit next to the Cali with a book and some wine not even leaving the site , witch we did this weekend!

Only did just under 400km and two nights away but still a very enjoyable weekend away!
Some impressions of the camperspot
IMG_0704.JPGIMG_0684.JPGIMG_0742.JPG

Last edited:
OMG! Those tractors look like they have never been used! Great to see you are both out and about. :happy
Hope to see you both soon. x

@Jabberwocky and others intrested in those tractors , here's a short movie filmed on my Iphone

And also one with motorcycles

@Jabberwocky and others intrested in those tractors , here's a short movie filmed on my Iphone

And also one with motorcycles
Oh my word! I could spend a few hours soaking up that place. I knew I would soon find a reason to go back to Amersfoort!!

@Jabberwocky
That site is great when visiting CCN , only 15-20min drive from Amersfoort .

Will have to wait a while. We are going tomorrow to the land where 40 C is forecast - France by another name! We shall be giving Paris a wide berth!