Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I be worried about a 5 Cylinder 2.5 TDi BNZ engine that’s done 95000 miles?

S

Superfab

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello, just looking to buy our first California and have quite a tight budget. I was wondering if I should consider a T5 with the 5 Cylinder 2.5 TDi BNZ engine? It’s done over 95000 miles. It’s got a full service history.
Thanks in advance for any advice

As long as it has been regularly serviced I wouldn't be concerned.

Plenty here with over 200,000km...

Mobile.de

Should go on forever provided its been well looked after. Cross check the service history dates, mileage against the Online MOT history checker

I am in the process of buying a same engined 2008 one with 156,000 miles (>250,000km) on the clock and people I have spoken to were not concerned by that.

Miles isn't a problem for BNZs so long as the correct oil has been used and changed on time. You may have fun chasing down exhaust fumes (like I'm doing) as the cast manifolds on the BNZ crack, warp and pop studs. The previous engine used a fabricated tube manifold that was just as bad (even worse?).
But they are good and strong engines. That mileage is absolutely nothing to worry about as plenty have done several hundred thousand in panel vans.

It’s just about run in at them miles if it’s been looked after, they are good for 200+ miles easily, obvs Dyor, check it’s been looked after / serviced regularly, had, cam belt, water pump, clutch / disc / pads etc serviced / replaced when it should have.
There should be a pile of service history on it ?

Hello, just looking to buy our first California and have quite a tight budget. I was wondering if I should consider a T5 with the 5 Cylinder 2.5 TDi BNZ engine? It’s done over 95000 miles. It’s got a full service history.
Thanks in advance for any advice

I have a friend who is now on 300k plus with his.

My 2007 2.5tdi transporter did 140,000 miles and is probably still going strong. It never missed a beat, had heaps of torque and no cam belt. Original clutch and DMF. It was serviced on long life oil / intervals. Only concern I would have is DPF, factor in a possible replacement.

Back