Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I wait for VW to resolve their emission problem & communicate with customers.

audio2

audio2

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Ordered an 0cean end of October, all the emission problems made me rethink & look at alternatives. First I looked at the Marco Polo, but no real advantages & the salesman never came back. Today I saw an AUTO-TRAIL V LINE 540 SE, cheaper, toilet & shower, full cooker & microwave, large double bed, Euro 6 without having to use adblue, 25 Litre underslung gas tank. Disadvantages height, length 1/2 metre longer, slightly wider.

Convince me to wait for VW to sort their problems.

The California is easier to park especially where there are height barriers. The California will depreciate much less. The California has class. And you will have shown good taste and judgement. Main thing to consider is _ what do you really want? Having owned big I prefer small and useable every day.

Ordered an 0cean end of October, all the emission problems made me rethink & look at alternatives. First I looked at the Marco Polo, but no real advantages & the salesman never came back. Today I saw an AUTO-TRAIL V LINE 540 SE, cheaper, toilet & shower, full cooker & microwave, large double bed, Euro 6 without having to use adblue, 25 Litre underslung gas tank. Disadvantages height, length 1/2 metre longer, slightly wider.

No!
Park with the HGVs or park with the Cars. Simples, as they say.

8727DEA6-87A5-4D00-AC4C-369FDD645DA0.gif

If you are using purely for holidays abroad go for the bigger unit.
If using instead of a car the cali wins hands down.

Cancel order and buy a pre reignite demo , plenty out there

As much as I love VW products I am now firmly in the camp of they don't deserve their customers loyalty. Their lack of comms is simply unforgivable, I can only assume they are doing it because they think they can get away with it.

I sent a mail to their head of brand comms and surprise surprise it was read but no reply.

Matt was that to VWUK or Germany? Our comments should be directed to VW head office in Germany as they are the ones withholding information to everyone.

As much as I love VW products I am now firmly in the camp of they don't deserve their customers loyalty. Their lack of comms is simply unforgivable, I can only assume they are doing it because they think they can get away with it.

I sent a mail to their head of brand comms and surprise surprise it was read but no reply.

I am at the same place they just don't deserve the custom and loyalty it's just one problem after another :headbang

I notice in the news today their media relations manager has been moved on over the emission testing issue. How is that the fault of the media chap? Although maybe he just had enough of managing all the issues that keep popping up?

I notice in the news today their media relations manager has been moved on over the emission testing issue. How is that the fault of the media chap? Although maybe he just had enough of managing all the issues that keep popping up?

It is due that testing on monkey's and even humans...

Yes but we all know that a media manager would not be the person who authorised or was involved in such things... Seems like a scapegoat.

At least you have yet to decide, think of those who, like me, have already ordered and every holy day a new and always bad news appears ... what a bad thing to wait like that !!

Maybe i can sell my 2012 SE to one of you canceling order.....it might give me my money back payed 6y ago ....
Could be ordering a T6 Coast 4Motion DSG petrol version after all....witch i planned last year but did not proceed...
:D

Thinking of selling your Cali and buying something else? We have just finished looking for alternatives to our Cali, preferably but not necessarily with a loo and shower. Marco Polo: cramped foot room in upper bed, disliked the style inside, no sliding shutter between the cabin and the upper bed, nothing to stop items dropping into the sliding seat rails and jamming the seat, over complicated lower bed, depreciation? Coachbuilts, almost universally of aluminium / foam / sandwich construction, many reported problems with damp penetration, (just look online at owners reports) and it becomes apparent why you need to have an annual damp check to maintain the warranty on nearly all of them. Many of them, including a leading German brand have a thin aluminium skin under the floor sandwich, how long will that last in salt spray? Drive one, particularly if fiat based (as nearly all of them are) and you'll realise how nice and smooth your Cali is. Other larger van conversions: far more rattles and less well finished than a Cali. Depreciation: our Beach bought ex demo has lost about £4000 in 2 years. If the Crafter based Cali XXL ever appears we might raid the piggy bank for one, otherwise there are VW Crafter based van conversions from Knaus and Westfalia due soon which we will look at, but we still think our Cali is brilliant and will be keeping it. Our local Van Centre is also brilliant, but VW management do seem to have lost the plot a bit recently........................!

Buy a used Cali from a non-WV dealer with a good rep - best of both worlds, you get the vehicle you want NOW, and good after sales service - win-win!

I agree completely. I have loved and bought VW for years, sadly not able to afford a Cali but hopefully one day. However two passats, four golfs and a polo later they all have daft faults that vw never bother to fix which is irritating!

Yes they think they can get away with it...sounds like a story about their emissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back