Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your candy white pics

Few piccys of billy not quite finished with the extra touches yet going to be lowered at the end of the month
image.jpg

Our candy croyde bay Devon image.jpg

Oh I love your first photo with the long skirt around the tailgate. Is this available via VW or where? It makes the Cali so cosy looking. I would appreciate any details you could pass on, please, Fozzy.

Noeleen
[expecting (!) Cali mid-April]

Last edited:
First Time out with the new Cali "Men only" weekend trip with a couple T4/T5 Friends. Great Fun and Yes, I Love the Cali already !IMG_20150224_105142.jpg 20150222_085817.jpg IMG_20150224_105142.jpg 20150222_085832.jpg

Oh I love your first photo with the long skirt around the tailgate. Is this available via VW or where? It makes the Cali so cosy looking. I would appreciate any details you could pass on, please, Fozzy.

Noeleen
[expecting (!) Cali mid-April]
I ordered this from my VW dealer , it was about 300euros?!very functional bit of kit which takes minutes to put up??
Fozzy

I ordered this from my VW dealer , it was about 300euros?!very functional bit of kit which takes minutes to put up??
Fozzy

Great, thanks for that.

Do you have a name of it? Or a parts number on a catalogue? It looks cosier than the awning. What is it like in windy weather? I expect to be out in the wind a lot here in Ireland.

I can get you the part number of it on Monday
It can be pegged down completely but with the tailgate open there will be a wee draft especially on the coastal areas of Ireland!!!?
Our dealer opens on Monday and I will try and get the info you need?!
Cheers Fozzy

image.jpg Here is the picture and price of it,let me know if you want it translated.
Phone numbers I can also send if you need any?.

Thanks Fozzy and thanks rippers. Yes, it does look like a toilet/shower tent when I see the door closed on it.

Yes please Fozzy, a translation and phone number would be welcome. It could be an ideal space for "a session".

Cali due in 7 weeks, dreaming of rambling . . .

Noeleen

Noeleen
You will find the web site on next page cos I made a couple of boo boos and did it too big and too many times!!!:thumb:)

I take it your impressed with the B14 set up then?! I have been thinking about doing it on my 180 DSG 4MOTION. What is the ride and handling like?

Well, to quote my Wife after her first ride on B14 : "WOW !".

We live in an Area called the Odenwald, North of Heidelberg, lots of twisty roads.

I ordered our Cali with the stronger stabilizers but was not happy at all with the behaviour of the Car. Wobbling , imprecise and very reactive to wind. With the B14 it is like a new Car. In combination with the 20" Rims and the Conti Sport Contact 275/35 20 the Cali is now great fun to drive. Great Feedback, great and direct handling, no more wobbling and no more reaction to wind.

Obviously there is a little loss o Comfort. But compared to our T4 Multivan on Koni Red and H&R Springs or our T4 ProjectTwo on P2 Springs and Bielstein Schocks it is still a total different world, much much better !

For me personally, Yes.

When we picked up the Cali I drove the 90km to ouf Dealer in out 2001 T4 with H&R/Koni Red. It was a nice sunny but windy Winter Day. On the way back in our new Cali I felt like I was to stupid to drive a straight line. The Car was in permanent side movement and it was not possible to go"straight" without permanent steering correction. Passing Trucks coming into and out of the lee side was outrageous.

Like stated earlier we live in a area with lots of turns, uphill, downhill its all there. The feeling and feedback from the suspension was far from what it should be. My Wife, a quite sporty driver, didn't feel comfortable at all.

After the Engine was broken in I started to speed a little more on our German Autobahn. A good Test for a Chassis/Suspension is just before the Exit I take off normally. Its a long turn with two Major Long Bumps. Since I was prepared and expected whats coming I managed to keep the Cali on the Road doing 190 km/h, but I needed both lanes ! Not how I usally use the Cali, but I wanted to know.

By the way, our Cali came with the stronger stabilizers already.

My Wife is bringing it to the Point, with the B14 the Cali now drives a real Car.

Now I am really looking forward to the next Trip starting Thursday next week. Going up North to meet VW T4/T5 friends in Hamburg we travel through an Area called the "Kassel Mountains". A strech of German Autobahn with three Lanes, wide Turns up and down and long parts with no speed limit, love it !

Alles Klar!!?
Why not come down south and try the Joch pass Oder the Hantonjoch pass!!
We have lots of windy roads especially around where I live in Wertach?!
Cheers Fozzy

I know the Area. Been there with my Bike and my T4. One of these days we will hit down south again , but the next long Trips will be Denmark in Summer, Norway in September and then 2016 visiting the Busfest again and then up to Scotland.

Need more Leave !

Back