Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower & Toilet

P

PeterS

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Has anyone ever set up a satisfactory inside shower / toilet for camping when such a facility might be immensely desirable. Love to see any links to hacks that people have found “do the job”. Please don’t bother with dreary virtue signalling about using the great outdoors, “been” there.

Aubergine did a post on creating an indoor shower in an Ocean a while back. I’m sure it’ll be easily found with a keyword plus member search.

VW make an enclosed tent that that hangs off the tailgate specifically for this purpose, but obviously you need to keep the boot open when using it. (Campervantastic stock them)

VW make an enclosed tent that that hangs off the tailgate specifically for this purpose, but obviously you need to keep the boot open when using it. (Campervantastic stock them)

This one for summer/at ease, the one here under for winter and/or stealth (same tent):

IMG_E0509.jpg

Has anyone ever set up a satisfactory inside shower / toilet for camping when such a facility might be immensely desirable. Love to see any links to hacks that people have found “do the job”. Please don’t bother with dreary virtue signalling about using the great outdoors, “been” there.
I made a shower enclosure which hangs under the tailgate simply hung with bungee cord. Cheap B&Q shower curtains stuck together at their edges and a Screwfix £16 pressure spray. One hot kettle added to half a sprayer of cold gives a great shower. Curtains fold up to nothing. Curtains air dry very quickly. Spray stored in rear vertical cupboard with shelf removed. Let me know if you need pics. The toilet is a Portapotti.Sits behind the passenger seat. Amazon sell other fold up camping toilets which are more basic.

When away and taking a driveaway awning I use the tunnel space on one side to fix up a temp shower cubicle with shower curtains, bungees and clips or clothes pegs. It’s quick to put up/down. we use a Quechua foldable, hand pump camping shower (it can take the water nice and hot and has a basic temp gauge on the side. It has a good hose and head; nice and sturdy too. To catch the water we take either a blow up paddling pool or a Lakeland tray that you would usually soak oven shelves in.

We also have a shower tent that’s the same as Kaboo’s in his previous post(which is great for showering) but although it packs pretty flat, it’s another bit of kit to take.

Back