Shower valve AND shower failed

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So noticed the back of the van soaked. Everytime I ran the tap the valve at the back was spraying out. So I plugged in the shower to stop this happening til i got home but then find the shower hose has also failed. It's failed where it bends sharply in its foam holder. I had to do this Bush fix with a bolt to bung up the water pipe. The pipe was an absolute pig to get off. Anyway question is how much is a new shower valve and where can I get one. Also a new shower hose and has anyone trimmed the foam to enable it to sit better in the holder?

20220415_095530.jpg

20220415_095409.jpg

20220415_095335.jpg

Found a new shower hose on ebay. Got 3.50 off so £31.50. Going to have a look at the valve at home. May be able to adapt a gas valve to fit

Screenshot_20220416-085937_eBay.jpg

The hose and the outlet are all made by Reich. Google ‘Reich external shower’ on images and you should find it.

The hose and the outlet are all made by Reich. Google ‘Reich external shower’ on images and you should find it.
Thanks . I have found a hose upto now on ebay. I'm still away camping and miss the shower attachment.

Any use?

Any use?
Cali Is just cold water shower.

So this is the part I now need. I've tried cleaning it out with foam etc. Operated the valve with a screwdriver. It won't have it and refuses to seal

20220418_120627.jpg

Dear community,

I am having the same problem how did you fix it with the screwdriver? Did you remove the brass connector from the van?

Thank you for any guidance you can give!

Tom

Mine had literally just stuck in the open position. All it needed was “operating” a few times by inserting and removing the shower hose. But that was in a brand new van so it had probably never been used. Hope you get it sorted.

Dear community,

I am having the same problem how did you fix it with the screwdriver? Did you remove the brass connector from the van?

Thank you for any guidance you can give!

Tom
a squirt of wd40 or a silicone lube into the brass connector and as Phil mentions - operating a few times by inserting and taking out the connector will do the trick. Also ensure that any jubilee clamps are tightened.

Slightly off topic, but vaguely related, I noticed that Westfalia use the same shower head unit but provide this useful sucker device to attach to the window - much more usable than hanging in the grab handle - anyone know where it could be ordered? A search online yielded no results for me.

After seeing this thread though I’ll be getting the Stanley knife out to fix that sharp bend.

DFE99E4B-774F-431E-BD5E-946C05541A58.png

Thank you for your very fast responses!

It certainly is stuck in the open position. I’ll keep trying what you suggest. My van is approaching 4 years old now… a few other issues are cropping up too… I need to find the thread about fridges and why it only works on max.
a squirt of wd40 or a silicone lube into the brass connector and as Phil mentions - operating a few times by inserting and taking out the connector will do the trick. Also ensure that any jubilee clamps are tightened.

Slightly off topic, but vaguely related, I noticed that Westfalia use the same shower head unit but provide this useful sucker device to attach to the window - much more usable than hanging in the grab handle - anyone know where it could be ordered? A search online yielded no results for me.

After seeing this thread though I’ll be getting the Stanley knife out to fix that sharp bend.

View attachment 103558
Is this the kind of thing you are after?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072KYZR7Z/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back