Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Awning easy to set up for a single person

janross

janross

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, l am hoping to spend some time on my own travelling around with my three dogs. I am looking into the best option for a single person to set up a side awning/ panels. Just need a small area to set up a table or sit outside in the evening. Any recommendations would be great, struggling to find an easy set up. Thanks

Are you looking to add panels to the wind out awning?
I don't mind as long as l can manage it by myself. We have a Jura but it does need two and is heavy to lug around...lots of it to pack away. The side panels look like the best plan but looking into any other ideas that might work. Thanks

I set the Jura up relatively easy by myself but do agree it is pretty heavy if you are not staying more than a few nights and have been considering a Sheltapod. I also have three dogs but have not been brave enough to take them out on my own yet, would love to know any tips you may have on managing three of them by yourself.

I set the Jura up relatively easy by myself but do agree it is pretty heavy if you are not staying more than a few nights and have been considering a Sheltapod. I also have three dogs but have not been brave enough to take them out on my own yet, would love to know any tips you may have on managing three of them by yourself.
I love the Jura but need something quick, light and easy to put up and pack away... just for over night. I need the back shelf for the dogs as they fit well there. So compact is important the Jura takes up around half the lower boot space. Only been away twice with them as yet going through all the teething troubles of what is not working. Will update as l go along. I did buy something called The Dog Bag from www.roofbox.co.uk it is a 'pop up' fabric kennel, l have two of these. Two dogs in one and my third in his own tent they peg down and shade the dogs from all sorts of weather. Worth a look maybe?

bag.jpg

Maybe try for a second hand quechua pop up shelter. Sadly discontinued but would have suited your requirements.

Back