Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side bar things ?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've notice a few Californias and lots of T5s with side bar things.
What are they for? Are they just cosmetic or do they serve a purpose?

I've notice a few Californias and lots of T5s with side bar things.
What are they for? Are they just cosmetic or do they serve a purpose?
Purely cosmetic - BUT I think they do warn possible door dingers in car parks to be careful.

I think they do offer some protection. I caught a low bollard when moving very slowly a couple of years ago. Pushed the sill in and the drivers door. The repairer said that the damage would definitely have been worse if the sidebar hadn't taken the initial bump.

Ours are not just cosmetic although I think they look great and definitely helped when I drove into a bollard. But I use them all the time to get in the Cali and so does my aunt. Ours have a black step thingy as well. And I'm not exactly the lightest girl on the planet although I have lost a few stone since having the Cali

Help hold the side skirt on for the awnings20150730_160455.jpg 20150922_161619.jpg 20150829_120822.jpg

Ours are not just cosmetic although I think they look great and definitely helped when I drove into a bollard. But I use them all the time to get in the Cali and so does my aunt. Ours have a black step thingy as well. And I'm not exactly the lightest girl on the planet although I have lost a few stone since having the Cali

Where did you buy yours?

Back