Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side bars and front lip

Stokie1

Stokie1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
so like a few on here, we have had the van for a few weeks and now I think it needs a fettle

the VAN.jpg

changed the wheels from standard before we collected -

quite like these recommended by the dealer - and got a good deal I think

side bars and front lip first maybe

BUT

there are so many side bars available and I don't want to buy rubbish for such an expensive toy - but do we have to go VW that are so expensive??

pls could anyone advise which are good - bad - experiences - and pictures

also is there a front lip that can attach to the existing bumper a la 911 997's

I am thinking black to be subtle!

appreciated in advance

the VAN.jpg

We had side bars on our previous two ex demo Calis. The dealer fitted them to the first one and we to the second. In both cases they were genuine VW polished stainless steel ones. If you fit non VW bars there can be problems using the jacking points so IMO, they are best avoided. VW sell two styles. We prefer the older style which have a round cross section.

It has to be said that they are probably 95% bling and 5% protection. They look more substantial than they actually are. Never the less, if you were to accidentally side swipe an obstruction then they might just save your bodywork. They do stop mud being thrown up the side of the van though.

20190724_224847.jpg

Last edited:
Morning,
Take a look on Vanstyle website, they supply Genuine & Non genuine side bars, a friend of mine have the vanstyle ones and fit & look exactly the same as the VW ones.
The also supply the lower lip spoiler in gloss black, if you buy from them they offer free fitting, They supplied, sprayed and fit my sportline splitter and I am very impressed (You can see it on my Profile pic.

so like a few on here, we have had the van for a few weeks and now I think it needs a fettle

View attachment 49472

changed the wheels from standard before we collected -

quite like these recommended by the dealer - and got a good deal I think

side bars and front lip first maybe

BUT

there are so many side bars available and I don't want to buy rubbish for such an expensive toy - but do we have to go VW that are so expensive??

pls could anyone advise which are good - bad - experiences - and pictures

also is there a front lip that can attach to the existing bumper a la 911 997's

I am thinking black to be subtle!

appreciated in advance

View attachment 49471

Your not far from me, nip for a brew and look at ours. we have side bars, rear VW spoiler, front Maxton splitter in carbon, rear bumper protector in carbon, Dubflectas, 18" VW Bi-Dakar's.

P.s nice bus.

Last edited:
The internet is your oyster here. You are now a member of the Vw fraternity, which accommodates more modifications for vehicles than soft Mick.
Ps nice bus. Have you thought about lowering it?

Thanks all - will try Vanstyle and report back with pics as progress

re lowering - does it make the ride stiff - a few on here have said so??

Thanks all - will try Vanstyle and report back with pics as progress

re lowering - does it make the ride stiff - a few on here have said so??
It depends what you opt for....

The VW -30mm option helps prevent roll, and isnt too stiff. Its perfect in my opinion.

If you wanted the lower look, then you would have to opt for Eibach (vw now do these - 60mm) or B14s (aftermarket fitters) which can be a tough ride.

The choice is yours really

Thanks - so vw 30mm looks good and doesn’t affect ride

I have to say the standard ride is pretty good - it not being a sports car n all

Thanks - so vw 30mm looks good and doesn’t affect ride

I have to say the standard ride is pretty good - it not being a sports car n all
I have the 30mm VW ones and it sits at a nice height and the ride is hardly any different from the standard springs.

@Sandyvan - Did you fit your splitter, and if so, was it easy enough?
My mate did it at his body shop at the same time as the rear. 8mm holes to the underside of the plastic front bumper. In theory you could remove it and there would be no sign unless you got down and looked under the front, even then there's nine holes I think. they could be blanked by the plastic push rivets aliken to the ones that hold the front grill on under the bonnet.
Its a bit fiddly but doable at home just run the front up onto levelling ramps and chock the wheels. https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/volkswagen/vw-t6/volkswagen-t6-front-splitter-v1
Buy right fits right.

If you need advice PM me and I can give you my number if you wish.
Thanks very much, I like the look of it, but should be an easy enough job for me. I'll check Maxton's website out, thanks again.

Thanks very much, I like the look of it, but should be an easy enough job for me. I'll check Maxton's website out, thanks again.
Two versions, I like version 1 the best it has little legs where the bolts go through for a positive location. I had version 2 on my last van not as good in my opinion. Went for the carbon look this time to match the rear bumper protector. When fitting make sure it fits flush to the front wheel arch bottoms.

Last edited:
Back