Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door rattle

Flotsam

Flotsam

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
anyone get a rattle in area of sliding door. Started after 3 weeks. Dealer hasn't solved with two attempts . They thought it was rollers in the door and then said I wasn't putting awning away properly.

I have the same problem and it's NOT the awning, or the Table in the door (still does it when I remove the table). It's definitely the door, I put my grandson in the back to tell me where it was coming from.

When you say 'check the rubber pad in the housing' HC - check it for what? It's definitely there and it's not damaged.

:help

I have the same problem and it's NOT the awning, or the Table in the door (still does it when I remove the table). It's definitely the door, I put my grandson in the back to tell me where it was coming from.

When you say 'check the rubber pad in the housing' HC - check it for what? It's definitely there and it's not damaged.

:help

Helloooo...did you even look at the pics.
;)

If your paddings are in place it is someting else

Still some say the awning ratlles if it's not tightend enough when closed.

- try padding the table legs? - could be rattling on the back (underside) of table. even better, take it out & have a test drive - often doesn't click home properly.

- I've also had gravel (surprising amount!) in the groove under the side step where the door slides on my previous T5.

- try unmounting the awning altogether to eliminate it, thread about that recently.

- check your windscreen wiper blanking plugs & the wiper box 'outside' behind the vents under the screen. the windscreen collects all kinds of noise/s & reflects them back in weird ways, rattle could be coming from somewhere very surprising ...

- sit in the van engine off & get someone to rock it from the outside?

- check & double check every cubby hole & bottle holder

- someone had a rattly rear side window blind, may have been @Borris ?, can't remember

I did follow the link but it took me to another thread, not a vid?

I did follow the link but it took me to another thread, not a vid?

Was a bit to quick , it are pics...sorry:embarrased
Finding a ratlle can be easy but sometimes it can drive you nuts also

That's good, I thought I was doing something very stupid!

I will look at that but the tester (grandson) said it was coming from the bottom of the door. I meant to get it looked at when I had a service recently but forgot as it doesn't rattle when I'm not driving! ;)

Sometimes I just ignore it, other times it drives me crazy!

Bench seat drawer been reported also to cause ratlle ....
Is there even one thing that does not ratlle at does damn Cali's....?:D

Tester has also checked drawer - both open and shut! I drove round and round a campsite - other campers must have wondered why!

Silly California owners....

- try padding the table legs? - could be rattling on the back (underside) of table. even better, take it out & have a test drive - often doesn't click home properly.

- I've also had gravel (surprising amount!) in the groove under the side step where the door slides on my previous T5.

- try unmounting the awning altogether to eliminate it, thread about that recently.

- check your windscreen wiper blanking plugs & the wiper box 'outside' behind the vents under the screen. the windscreen collects all kinds of noise/s & reflects them back in weird ways, rattle could be coming from somewhere very surprising ...

- sit in the van engine off & get someone to rock it from the outside?

- check & double check every cubby hole & bottle holder

- someone had a rattly rear side window blind, may have been @Borris ?, can't remember
The rattle from the rear door window blind area turned out to be an easy fix, although I haven't got around sorting it yet. The problem on our Beach is caused by the blind handle rattling against the rear door card. Two of those small clear stick on squidgy cushiony dome shaped things short sort it out.

I haven't fixed it yet because it had been annoying me for so long before I discovered the cause that I don't even notice it any more.

I was going to start a new thread on my side door rattle discovery but thought It may be better to add my solution to this old thread!!

In my case the top 2 bolts holding the upper roller to the door were loose. You will need a M8 spline to tighten.

The rattle was very intermittent, when VW have looked into this previously they suggested the awning was the source. IMG_8061.jpegIMG_8060.jpeg