Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CampervanBits Side kitchen shelf

I think you should call that the Briwy.. seing as he put it on here first...

Last edited:
it has been suggested the hole for the door button be cut out/slotted so should favourite child try and open door then at worse shelf collapses but no need to try and get VW to replace door lock button. ( It probably just unscrews but I'm on a roll here!)
Like the concept but on this occasion, "I'm out"
:Iamsorry

Last edited:
It’s not available to people with children who pull doors open whilly nilly. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps the shelf can be supplied with a spare door lock button!

Joking apart, I think I’ll make a little magnetic sign which I will stick on the outside of the passenger door to remind me not to open it when I’ve put the shelf up.

A bit like the “I’m cooking” sign AGA supply to remind you you’ve left something in there.

A while ago I removed here an idea for the button issue. Since I was not hundred procent convinced of the need of my solution (the button does look quit solid) I redrew it. Now if people do stay worried, well, this could work:
cali kitchen tablet.jpg
bend a knitting needle in U shape and stick it in the gap under the window screen and in a new hole in the table. If the tablet cut follows precisely the pillar, it won't fall, even when opening the door. For more security you could still fix one of those small ones at the pillar (beware for chair radius!):

mjdc-dK0YLsgKLj0deWUjmw.jpg

(for those who forgot how to knit, you also find these in hardware stores, in all shapes and sizes! :embarrased As long as it's not flexible)

54-reimage.jpg

Last edited:
(and now I forgot how to remove this post ...:headbang)

Last edited:
Just get some stickers made up ;)
OSHA-Do-Not-Enter-Sign-ODE-28573_300.gif