Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side lights

Gez B

Gez B

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a California beach I bought new in January. In the evening when I put the side lights on the dashboard does not light up. The only time it lights up is when the headlights are on. Is this the same on all T6 beaches?

I have a California beach I bought new in January. In the evening when I put the side lights on the dashboard does not light up. The only time it lights up is when the headlights are on. Is this the same on all T6 beaches?
Is the ignition On or Off? as the Side Lights / Parking Lights if used as Parking Lights with the Ignition Off then Dashboard illumination is Disabled.

It's when the ignition is on and when you are driving in the evening, the lights on the dash don't come on until I turn on the headlights.

It's when the ignition is on and when you are driving in the evening, the lights on the dash don't come on until I turn on the headlights.
Have you Checked the Handbook. It maybe VW class the sidelights as Parking Lights ONLY.

Why would you want to drive on Sidelights ONLY? If dark enough to warrant lights then why not the Headlights?

My dash clock red needles are lit up in all three positions - DRLs / sidelights / headlights. The dash is also backlit white at all times, but dimmed slightly only on sidelights.

I used to use sidelights now & then on previous cars when being more visible was desirable but headlights would've been too much, but always-on DRLs have made them somewhat redundant now IMO.

I go literally out of my way to avoid parking in places where leaving a parking light/s on would be beneficial or necessary.

mine does that too.dunno why either. I have a t6 150 beach

Back