Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side pannels for awning?

C

CSaville

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi there,

Was wondering if people had any recommendations regarding getting side panels for the awning that comes already on the T6 California Oceans?

We wont need a driveway tent so more looking for something so that when we pitch up for a picnic ect they can act as wind breaks.

Thanks in advance.

Forum sponsor Comfortz does them.
Scroll down the page below and find the adds....simple.

image0003.jpg
Do you mean something like this that you can eat in, decant surplus items into to give you more space in the Cali and so on? As HC & Geezso say they are from Comfortz and are used by many of us. Ideal for a meal in the evening when it is getting chilly, the large windows let the light in on cold days in the autumn, but keep the breeze out. Takes about 20 minutes, with practice, to put up and folds away to a bag about 45cms x 60cms x 20cms.

Last edited:
Actually we just used our rainponchos, that can be converted into a tarp as well. It has small loops around, and fits perfect in size. Either on the side or the middle. Very fast to setup and remove.

But it depends where you want to use it.

We used the taps, only for creating shade and privacy. leaving access for as much breeze as possible. If you are in the nordic outer season, I would suggest a more closed and warmer solution, like the one from Comfortz.

Last edited:
I'm tempted by the Comfortz panels. Currently using a Vango Kela 3 which has the advantage of being drive-away. Not sure I'd want the hassle of taking this apart and putting it back together every time I leave the site and come back but appreciate that's fine if you remain in-situ... Is 20 mins to setup accurate figure?

I'm tempted by the Comfortz panels. Currently using a Vango Kela 3 which has the advantage of being drive-away. Not sure I'd want the hassle of taking this apart and putting it back together every time I leave the site and come back but appreciate that's fine if you remain in-situ... Is 20 mins to setup accurate figure?
Five mins to set up , so easy .

Hi there,

Was wondering if people had any recommendations regarding getting side panels for the awning that comes already on the T6 California Oceans?

We wont need a driveway tent so more looking for something so that when we pitch up for a picnic ect they can act as wind breaks.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at our homemade solution
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...awning-side-and-front-wall.11662/#post-112330
On a recent break we were even asked where we had bought them - my wife was very pleased!

We use both, if we are going to be on one site for a few days we use the drive away Vango but if we are touring about and moving on every day we use the side panels from Comfortz.

Interesting, Bolon normally makes mats for professional use, ie shops etc. Their factory is close to my home.

Back