Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Window Vents

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just thought I'd share a accessory I bought from Germany made by the same people that make the cab door vents for Brandrup. These seem popular in Germany but never seen one in the UK with them.

I wanted them so I could feel a little more reassured when sleeping at night with the windows open, the VW supplied fly nets are very flimsy and can just be pushed through. Also for the odd occasions when I leave the dog (short term) to give him some nice ventilation as I always have the silver screen on when we camp, so vents on the cab doors wouldn't do anything. They are metal, screw on from the inside and have fly next built into them.

276C96F5-B923-45C1-8DBC-BFC7AA518490_zpsqf36jkle.jpg

14C2137D-796B-494A-BC98-85F8E92BDAE6_zps5yk8dfnh.jpg

EC0D54AD-0C5B-4575-A635-D331DCA01045_zpskjkqxyyj.jpg

Looks nice , can you give more details on where to buy them , price ...
Website?
Are they actually need to be screwed in every time to take it and out...?
Seen them for a T4 but never for T5 model.

nice find rippers +1 for more details and can you close the window with them in situ

Wouldn't go so far as to say it looks nice but does the job and looks well made, good find indeed.

They have two fixed brackets and two adjustable brackets. You slide it into place from out side the vehicle with the two fixed brackets then clamp the adjustable ones on the inside. The top has a rubber seal although I wouldn't have said they would be storm proof but shower proof possibly but its for hot weather use mainly anyway.
I got them from here http://shop.camper-himmel.de/Lueftungsgitter-Schiebefenster-VW-T5-Fahrerseite-breit_1 was by far the cheapest I could find them, they speak english, postage wasn't a rip off and where a pleasure to deal with.

Warning they are sided..
This the left hand side
http://shop.camper-himmel.de/Lueftungsgitter-Schiebefenster-VW-T5-Fahrerseite-breit_1
This is the right hand side
http://shop.camper-himmel.de/Lueftungsgitter-Schiebefenster-VW-T5-Beifahrerseite-breit_1

My wife said they give the van a mean look.. I don't think they are over attractive but deffinetly function over form..

I'm happy with them and I'm a fussy bastid lol

If you want the Reimo supplied items try Concept Multi Car at Hythe as they are Reimo importers for the South East and are very helpful and import from Germany weekly (tunnel permitting). http://www.conceptmulti-car.co.uk/

Rod

I am looking at this part for the UK drivers side sliding door

https://www.reimo.com/en/461910-vw_t5_lueftungsgitter_airvent_rechts_f_origi/

Been quoted £113.90 inc VAT & P+P
461910.jpg
Tempted to go for the drivers side UK on the sliding door as there is an air gap between the blinds and door unlike on the kitchen side it seals it off completely when the blind is down. With this spell of wet weather if we choose to sleep downstairs without popping the roof it should give us some ventilation and reduce condensation.
Having looked at the Cab vents we thought they might not be useful in conjunction with the cloth magnetic screens that come with the 2015 Cali.

Has anyone found a better price for these or similar?

I'm confused I put a link to them two posts up where they 68€ each I got the pair for less then that Reimo price delivered.

I'm in Spain at the moment and along with the Brandrup Airsafe and Silver Screen they have been fantastic in keeping the van cool

I'm confused I put a link to them two posts up where they 68€ each I got the pair for less then that Reimo price delivered.

I'm in Spain at the moment and along with the Brandrup Airsafe and Silver Screen they have been fantastic in keeping the van cool
Whoops I must take another look, thanks Rippers.

We've had them for some time, from here (currently at € 85). They do keep the rain out, also in heavy showers, also a nice vent above the kitchen stove, in our case. More difficult to break in than the regular slide window...

I'm really interested in these also. Last year I had some very uncomfortable nights in S France cooped-up downstairs while my kids basked in cross breeze heaven above. I'd probably only use them while sleeping. So my questions are:
1. Where do people store them whilst travelling? (I carry the flimsy VW fly net in the drawer under the rear seats and would like to do the same with these vents)
2. Would it be a faff to put them on and off every day?
Cheers, really excited about these!

I store them on the rear bedshelf under the matress. I made an elastic strap out of a piece of bike tube to keep in place:

rsz_dsc02140.jpg

Of course it is possible to remove them every day, but I don't. You have to unscrew the bolts from the inside, than go to the outside to remove the screens.

To keep them in place, even when it is a bit colder, I modified the screen a bit. With the screen, as it comes it is impossible to close the window because the sliding window hits the bolts on the inside.
I cut of (with a saw) a few mm from the bolts that are welded on the screen and replaced the original nuts in with smaller ones.
In the picture below you see on top the original (black) nut and below the one I use now. With these nuts I can almost close the window. Just a few mm's left open. I can't "lock" the window.

rsz_dsc02091.jpg

rsz_dsc02091.jpg

Just thought I'd share a accessory I bought from Germany made by the same people that make the cab door vents for Brandrup. These seem popular in Germany but never seen one in the UK with them.

I wanted them so I could feel a little more reassured when sleeping at night with the windows open, the VW supplied fly nets are very flimsy and can just be pushed through. Also for the odd occasions when I leave the dog (short term) to give him some nice ventilation as I always have the silver screen on when we camp, so vents on the cab doors wouldn't do anything. They are metal, screw on from the inside and have fly next built into them.

276C96F5-B923-45C1-8DBC-BFC7AA518490_zpsqf36jkle.jpg

14C2137D-796B-494A-BC98-85F8E92BDAE6_zps5yk8dfnh.jpg

EC0D54AD-0C5B-4575-A635-D331DCA01045_zpskjkqxyyj.jpg
I've just ordered a set. With 2 adults, 2 kids and a Beagle sleeping in the van, we're in need of some ventilation!

I've just ordered a set. With 2 adults, 2 kids and a Beagle sleeping in the van, we're in need of some ventilation!
Where did you order them from please?

...... turns out I quite like revisiting old threads. This is the second this week!

Anyway, I'm currently considering these also. Most prices range from €85 thru €119. I have found one site however where they are €63.87 per side. The snag is they only deliver to Austria, Switzerland or Germany.

https://www.lila-bus-shop.de/Lueftu...enster-rechts-Standard.html?switch_country=GB

I don't suppose anyone knows anyone in either of those countries that would accept and re-direct on my behalf? Clearly I'd pay return postage with a €€few their way for good measure? :thumb

@hotel california I hadn't seen those. Nice idea but I like the security offered by the aluminium ones. It was a close call between the aluminium ones and those supplied by Jerba. Again, security is a factor. The aluminium ones can be left in all day whether I'm with the van or not.

They're also not that much cheaper ;)

@hotel california I hadn't seen those. Nice idea but I like the security offered by the aluminium ones. It was a close call between the aluminium ones and those supplied by Jerba. Again, security is a factor. The aluminium ones can be left in all day whether I'm with the van or not.

They're also not that much cheaper ;)
These lot deliver to the UK.

The sliding window grill from the SpaceCamper shop in Germany has now been updated and now includes a rubber sealing strip that surrounds the whole window unlike the previous one which just had the sealing strip at the top, so it should be more rain resistant as it seals all around the glass around the edges. On the website it says that this is exclusive to them. I just ordered the window grill for the left side for £92.93 delivered. It was delivered in three days from Germany by DHL. The website can be translated by Google Translate and it was easy to order and pay.
It will be worth changing a couple of the thumbscrews at the rear to enable the sliding window to be virtually closed, as they are just a little bit too big and just catch as mentioned in other posts.
IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2136.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG
Airvent Window Grill Left side.JPG

Thats a good upgrade. I just got a second one for the right door from vanessa but that came without it.
I will add it myself because I have suspected that mosquitos are passing through and sure they can since it is "open" on the sides and bottom. Nice tip about replacing thumb screws. Never thought it would be possible to nearly close the window at all.

Why is this better than a 20€ hook for the tailgate so that the tailgate shuts and locks leaving an inch all around for ventilation?

Why is this better than a 20€ hook for the tailgate so that the tailgate shuts and locks leaving an inch all around for ventilation?
I guess because it has a screen to keep out insects, but sadly it doesn't look midge proof.

You can put a screen on the back too. And no need to buy it for hundreds of quids, just get the fabric, sew velcro or magnets on the side, done.

I have one of these which you can leave in place .
Very secure and fits in seconds.

Link

Not sure why but price defaults to a pair . Singles are sold

Back