Sidmouth Folk Festival

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Has anyone been in recent years? Wifey is keen for us to go next year with the kid; looks good on face value, but does anyone on here have any real world experience of it? I've only ever been to one folk festival and it was small and I walked in and stayed elsewhere; I have visions of barely organised chaos at festivals, with vehicles being trashed etc.. but is that outlook skewed by the reputation of big "general" festivals?

Cheers

Most of the chaos I've seen at these events occurs when it rains. Think quagmire. Best to take a tow rope, just in case.

Most of the chaos I've seen at these events occurs when it rains. Think quagmire. Best to take a tow rope, just in case.
I am not actually so bothered about that! It's more the social (or anti-social) side of camping at such a venue . . .

I am not actually so bothered about that! It's more the social (or anti-social) side of camping at such a venue . . .
Although I do hear the blue rinse brigade can get a little rowdy after a couple of glasses of Bristol Cream I think you'll be safe.

Sidmouth Folk Festival: Tens of thousands in streets - BBC News