Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Silver kitchen cupboard scratched !

Team Ronnie

Team Ronnie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi we are newbies ,we have just got a california ocean (called Ronnie ) .on arriving home after our first 2night trip we were gutted to find that the silver trim at the bottom of the cupboards have black marks that will not rub off (scratched maybe?) .we don't know how this has happened but does anyone know of any touch up paint would cover it up ?

IMG_4790.JPG

If you feel with your fingernail, do you feel a scratch in the aluminium, or do you feel nothing?
If you feel a scratch, you could buy a matching silver touch up pencil in according color. However I don't know the color of it.

It looks like a scuff mark that will clean off.
I wouldn’t get too hung up on it, once you start using your Cali for what it’s designed for, you’re going to get a lot worse signs of wear!

It looks like a scuff mark that will clean off.
I wouldn’t get too hung up on it, once you start using your Cali for what it’s designed for, you’re going to get a lot worse signs of wear!
That is a proven fact.
Those are even so tiny, but I know the feeling of something new getting scratched.

I scratched mine with a carpet knife trying to get a perfect fit for my DIY mat to cover the floor and that bit haha. Man that sucked as the van was only a few weeks old... but I don’t even see it now after a years use ;)

It’s not painted: it’s anodised aluminium and you have scratched the surface. Depending on the depth of the scratch, you may be able to remove it with rubbing compound or one of those magic eraser sponges from Amazon or B&M Bargains. Good luck and report back.

Hi we are newbies ,we have just got a california ocean (called Ronnie ) .on arriving home after our first 2night trip we were gutted to find that the silver trim at the bottom of the cupboards have black marks that will not rub off (scratched maybe?) .we don't know how this has happened but does anyone know of any touch up paint would cover it up ?

View attachment 48169
Marks like these only affect cars manufactured after July 2019. Once you have had the car for a little longer they become invisible

Back