Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Silver screen alternatives

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
We currently use a silver screen roof & windscreen wrap but they're so bulky and trying to keep what we pack to a minimum as the children are getting bigger.

I considered trying to line the vw curtains with blackout fabric but think it still won't be a great fit.

Considering the comfortz screen cover which I've heard you can squeeze in the seat of the chairs to store in the tailgate so sounds more compact than what we have.

Has anyone got the brandrup isolite outdoor? I can't find any info on packed size but as it's not including the side windows it might be that bit smaller.

Looking for something with thermal & blackout potential if possible that is smaller than our silver screen.

Considering the comfortz interior cosy for the roof but any other suggestions?

The comfortz external isolated screen gives a full black out on all of the three cabin windows and helps to prevent inside condensation.
Stays in place in any weather conditions , very well thightend to the verhicle no flapping in the wind
It packs up in the rears between one of the two camping chairs.
Reasonble price .
Realy no need to look further ....
Think every Cali owner should have one.
So do not doubt and buy one!

The best ones in my opinion based on size and effectiveness are the brandrup isolite internal screens they are flat and store in the roof also they completely black out the cab

The best ones in my opinion based on size and effectiveness are the brandrup isolite internal screens they are flat and store in the roof also they completely black out the cab
Not keen to store in the roof as we often use them as a sunshade on hot days & don't always want to pop the roof

decided to go for the brandrup isolite outdoor as we got a discount on it from the company we purchased our beach from and they were able to help me with folded dimensions and pics of it stored in the tailgate. Will obviously have to use it in conjunction with the magnetic door blinds which I will line with some blackout fabric if the children wake me up too early!

I'm sure it may feel like a bit of a compromise compared to the silver screen we love but had to weigh that up against the benefit of more storage space inside the vehicle. Without a big bag of silver screen then hopefully we will have a bit more space on the multiflex for the comfortz mattress which is next on the wishlist :)

Pic of the brandrup isolite outdoor stored in the tailgate. Will feedback once we have used it.

brandrup isolite outdoor.jpg

Back