Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

simple question but bet the answer aint!! RNS510/Iphone 8

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Connect RNS510 to my Iphone 8... Can it be done? I have a phone button on the radio but does 'Nowt' ??
How do I pair /use.. I know its on the forum somewhere but going around in circles .... Arrgh..

Just found a aux input hidden away in the glove compartment. That seems to allow connection via aux input both phone and music... But the PHONE button on the radio head unit still does nothing that I can see...

Cheers but No good. I have no contols on steering wheel.. sorry its a T5... cant find any settings in menu to play with either...

Although you have the phone button do you have to the Premium option? My Cali came with phone connectivity on the RNS510 but I wonder whether that was an option when new?

No longer have a T5 but IIRC you have to go into the “Settings” menu using the stalk control behind the steering wheel, and then navigate to the phone/Bluetooth menu.

Cheers but No good. I have no contols on steering wheel.. sorry its a T5... cant find any settings in menu to play with either...
According to my Phone supplement manual, you need the multi function steering wheel, at least that's how I read it!

According to my Phone supplement manual, you need the multi function steering wheel, at least that's how I read it!
No, my 2010 Cali didn’t have the MF steering wheel, you use the stalk on the RHS of the steering wheel to navigate the setting on the dash multi function display (not the display on the RNS510)

No, my 2010 Cali didn’t have the MF steering wheel, you use the stalk on the RHS of the steering wheel to navigate the setting on the dash multi function display (not the display on the RNS510)
Was the phone connectivity a standard or an option? As I say on mine (2013)it appears to have been an option.

I Must not have ‘premium option,? Also stalk controls dont alter any settings that i can see.. trip/ mileage/wipers only!

Was the phone connectivity a standard or an option? As I say on mine (2013)it appears to have been an option.
It was an option, but it would be unlikely to come without it. @Birty would be very unlucky to get one that hasn’t got it. :Depressed

It’s not on the RNS unit, you need to be looking at the display between the speedo and rev counter, cycle through the displays. It’s quite a while since I had to change mine, maybe someone with a T5 will come along!

Try using your phone first to instigate pairing. Search on your phone for discoverable items, it might then come up on your Cali MFD as well.

It is an Option. I didn’t want it so didn’t spec it. I have a Phone Button on the steering wheel which mutes the Sound System when a Passenger is using a phone.
My phone is OFF when I’m driving.

Back