Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Single Trip Personal Insurance

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Could anyone recommend a company who has reasonable rates for personal sincgle trip insurance in France for a couple of weeks. Have tried the usual suspects (C&CC, Adrian Flux, Comfort, Safeguard etc.)

Thanks in anticipation

EDIT: misunderstood the OP question

Last edited:
Do the 'normal' travel insurance policies on the price comparison sites cover camping? How for example would they deal with a hypothetical situation where the Cali needed to be got back to the UK if the driver was injured and couldn't drive.

Eurotunnel insurance. Great people. Work on a fit to travel basis so no long questionnaires. Safeguard hopeless last time I contacted them.

Have used Insureandgo (on annual policy basis) for many years. Despite being mass market and cheap - well last time I compared prices anyway - I also had satisfactory service from them when I had to make a sizeable claim after getting injured on the continent some years back.

Re Owen's query: FWIW, I'd be very surprised - though I may be wrong - if personal travel policy would cover costs of recovering a vehicle if you got hospitalised abroad. They are basically about covering out-of-pocket medical costs incurred in-country, and arranging and paying for repatriation of you and your personal belongings.

Another thing to be aware of is that these kinds of policies don't normally give any cover for costs/losses incurred once you're back home. Eg if you couldn't work for a month, don't assume the insurance would cover your loss of earnings, nor cost of any non-NHS follow-up treatment in the UK.

Red Pennant - Caravan & Motorhome Club.

Back