Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink tap problems again

M

MarkRubinstein

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having drained the water tanks over the cold period I wanted to fill and use for a recent trip. I put 10 litres in the fresh water tank and then tried the tap.

After a bit of a gurgle if I now turn the tap on a quarter of the way I hear the pump and some water flows but if I turn the tap on more it stops. I thought at first that it might be air in the system so have tried sucking water through but it has made no difference. I now realise that not only does water stop flowing but I cannot hear the pump either if I open it more than a quarter turn.

Any ideas?

Having drained the water tanks over the cold period I wanted to fill and use for a recent trip. I put 10 litres in the fresh water tank and then tried the tap.

After a bit of a gurgle if I now turn the tap on a quarter of the way I hear the pump and some water flows but if I turn the tap on more it stops. I thought at first that it might be air in the system so have tried sucking water through but it has made no difference. I now realise that not only does water stop flowing but I cannot hear the pump either if I open it more than a quarter turn.

Any ideas?
Unplug the tap electrical connection under the sink.
Open the tap fully.

Bridge the 2 pins in the connector block with a paper clip.

If water flows. Pump OK , water circuit OK, Tap Switch NOT OK.

Replace tap or dismantle and clean switch.

Coincidentally, I refilled our tank today in prep for a few days away next week. It had fully drained along with the supply pipe (following previous suggestion from @WelshGas ). When trying the tap, I left the tank filler cover off to lessen the vacuum in the tank that occurs on our van when running the tap. After a few farts it flowed fine.

Unplug the tap electrical connection under the sink.
Open the tap fully.

Bridge the 2 pins in the connector block with a paper clip.

If water flows. Pump OK , water circuit OK, Tap Switch NOT OK.

Replace tap or dismantle and clean switch.
Thank you; you were quite right. Water flowed strongly so pump etc all ok and just switch to fix.

Waiting til I get home to try that as I know had fiddly it can be.