Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sites in and around London

M

Mofty in Meysey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone -hope you can help.

I'm looking for a site in London to use over the weekend of 20th to the 22nd April... I'd like to attend a course close to the Tower of London that weekend and I'm curious about using the van and then travel in by tube or overground into the city so it needs to be close to transport if possible.... Any thoughts and help of recommendations would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin,

Hi @Martin Croft

I use the Caravan and Motorhome Club site at Crystal Palace. It’s around £24 for the night and you can get the No 3 bus right outside the gate into central London in 30mins.

I hear another good site is Abbey Wood which is east London and has good links to central London, will have to try that next year as CP is closing at the end of 2018.

Hi @Martin Croft

I use the Caravan and Motorhome Club site at Crystal Palace. It’s around £24 for the night and you can get the No 3 bus right outside the gate into central London in 30mins.

I hear another good site is Abbey Wood which is east London and has good links to central London, will have to try that next year as CP is closing at the end of 2018.
many thanks Maverick, I spotted this one and did get curious if this would work so it is on my list. Thanks for the other one too... I'll be coming from theWest so East of London is not so favourable but it is a good site and close to the station too - Thanks for those.

There is a CL at worplesdon, literally by the station, direct fast trains into Waterloo. Pricey for a limited facility CL - £20, but your side of London and cheaper than parking your car in most places.

Alternatively the CC&C have a site at Chertsey, a very pleasant site in fact: Chertsey station is a 20 minute walk away and you have to change at Weybridge to catch trains into London, but hey, 20 minutes, get off at Wimbledon, District Line to Tower Hill. You can also drive to Weybridge and park up, around £6 for most of the day.

Crystal Palace a good site, shame it’s closing in December as Bromley Council won’t renew the lease.
Bus & Rail hub

many thanks Maverick, I spotted this one and did get curious if this would work so it is on my list. Thanks for the other one too... I'll be coming from theWest so East of London is not so favourable but it is a good site and close to the station too - Thanks for those.
Chertsey - Caravan & Camping Club. 1hr 45 mins to Tower of London.