Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Size of rolled S2S mattress

H

HamishEeyore

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone advise on the diameter of a rolled-up S2S self-inflating mattress, once it is out of its bag and has been used? From what I gather it needs careful handling to get it small. Can anyone put a figure on it? Thank you. It’s the campervan mattress that covers the bottom bed of an Ocean I’m wondering about.

Can anyone advise on the diameter of a rolled-up S2S self-inflating mattress, once it is out of its bag and has been used? From what I gather it needs careful handling to get it small. Can anyone put a figure on it? Thank you. It’s the campervan mattress that covers the bottom bed of an Ocean I’m wondering about.
I haven’t measured it. I wouldn’t want to try to get it back in its original stuff sack. I deflate it and fold it in three on the back shelf. In this photo there is also a wool topper folded on top. FBEA7753-4A70-44DF-95EF-08941BDFA704.jpeg

I haven’t measured it. I wouldn’t want to try to get it back in its original stuff sack. I deflate it and fold it in three on the back shelf. In this photo there is also a wool topper folded on top. View attachment 65253
That’s useful to know thank you - I didn’t realise it could be folded.

We also keep ours the same bed width and just roll / fold it. Think it would be a struggle to remove enough air to get it back into the original bag every time.
Must also add having slept on a comfort mattress for 8 years ,and purchasing a sea to summit before our 3 weeks away ( tonight being our last night :() we have never slept so good
Dave and Lisa

We also keep ours the same bed width and just roll / fold it. Think it would be a struggle to remove enough air to get it back into the original bag every time.
Must also add having slept on a comfort mattress for 8 years ,and purchasing a sea to summit before our 3 weeks away ( tonight being our last night :() we have never slept so good
Dave and Lisa
Have you removed the original comfort mattress, or do you use the S2S on top? Princess and the pea style!

I find I can fold our S2S mattress just in two rather than three and it still just fits on the rear shelf - keeps the height even lower.
Good idea. We take proper pillows and duvet which create a lot of height as it is.

Good idea. We take proper pillows and duvet which create a lot of height as it is.
We manage to get a king size duvet in one stuff sack and two down pillows in another - which keeps them clean and takes up as little space as possible.

Back