Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ski camping in Europe

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi can anybody recommend a winter campsite for ski camp boarding ect in Europe??
Near to the town would be good also the pubs restaurants and the ski lifts if possible?
We have done this every year in the French alps for the last 7years and would like to try a new site ..the site we normally go to really is stunning and perfect but we would like to experience a bit of a change.
Cheers...happy camping

Where do you normally go?

Camping Huttopia, Bourg Saint Maurice we stayed there last winter but only for a night before we drove up to Les Arcs. It has a heated shower block, drying room,is within a couple of hundred meters of a Super U and an Intermarche and only a few minutes walk to bars and restaurants, it did have a daily shuttle to the funicular which goes up to Arc 1600 but the site has new owners since last year so this is worth checking.

Last edited:
Hi can anybody recommend a winter campsite for ski camp boarding ect in Europe??
Near to the town would be good also the pubs restaurants and the ski lifts if possible?
We have done this every year in the French alps for the last 7years and would like to try a new site ..the site we normally go to really is stunning and perfect but we would like to experience a bit of a change.
Cheers...happy camping
Is Germany and Zugspitze an option? Next to Garmisch?

I'm not into winter sports but Garmisch is definitely geared up for it.
Or Grindelwald in Switzerland? Have been to both of those in the autumn and could see that they would be a paradise for skiers and snowboarders.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Where do you normally go?

Camping Huttopia, Bourg Saint Maurice we stayed there last winter but only for a night before we drove up to Les Arcs. It has a heated shower block, drying room,is within a couple of hundred meters of a Super U and an Intermarche and only a few minutes walk to bars and restaurants, it did have a daily shuttle to the funicular which goes up to Arc 1600 but the site has new owners since last year so this is worth checking.
We have been going to le grand bornand in the French alps.
Stunning place,cannot fault it but we fancy trying somewhere else ..
thanks for the suggestions I'll google them them and have a look.:)

Is Germany and Zugspitze an option? Next to Garmisch?
Yep
just googled it we only have a week but I will happily travel 950miles from home.we do 850miles going to the alps so 100 more is manageable with a few strong coffees.is there any sites you can recommend??
Thanks

Yep
just googled it we only have a week but I will happily travel 950miles from home.we do 850miles going to the alps so 100 more is manageable with a few strong coffees.is there any sites you can recommend??
Thanks
Wow thats quite a long distance for a week!

We have been going to le grand bornand in the French alps.
Stunning place,cannot fault it but we fancy trying somewhere else ..
thanks for the suggestions I'll google them them and have a look.:)
Bourg Saint Maurice is just in the valley so views are not amazing but Les Arcs and the Paradiski area over to La Plagne, La Rosiere and Saint Foy are all accessible from there and you could also head to Tignes or Val d'Isere as they are not far away.

Wow thats quite a long distance for a week!
Yep
I have done it that many times now it seems a lot easier,,not quite as far as the first time .it makes it all worth while when you start seeing the mountains we get all excited watching the snow at the side of the road get deeper and deeper.

Yep
I have done it that many times now it seems a lot easier,,not quite as far as the first time .it makes it all worth while when you start seeing the mountains we get all excited watching the snow at the side of the road get deeper and deeper.
Quote like yours reminds me how blessed we are living next to great mountains

Campsite recommendations would be much appreciated too please .googling them you don't actually know how far away the town is, walking distance preferably??
It's nice to have a meal or a few beers in the evening so no driving

The one in Garmisch has a small "Bar" next to the pitches, sauna and a restaurant.