Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Skipton Car Radio - recommended!

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've been unhappy about the sound quality in our Cali since we bought it new 6 years ago as I've reported in earlier posts. I spent c£1500 on having installed replacement speakers, under seat powered sub and power amplifier, plus VW Bluetooth a few years ago. Unfortunately I've never been satisfied that the equipment was working as it should.

Peter and David at Skipton Car Radio had a look at the van just before Christmas. They confirmed my view. On their recommendation they fitted a sound processor (as well as tidying up the previous installation). It meant a further considerable outlay, but I now have clear, powerful sound and I can concentrate on enjoying the system rather than being irritated by it.

I just wish I'd gone there in the first place and saved myself a lot of discontent - and doubtless cash. They have loads of experience of T5s. Just thought I'd offer my experience to those thinking of improving their sound!

Ian

Always good to know of decent installers wherever they are in the country. I know from experience how annoying it is when something's not quite right, especially when it's cost a few quid!
I used a local company to sort out a botched sat nav stereo install in our Cali, they also fitted a leisure battery switch for it for use when camping. Excellent work but the owner is a thoroughly dislikeable individual so wouldn't recommend them to anyone because of that. Nice to see that there are companies out there who know there stuff AND treat their customers with a bit of respect!

Back