Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sleeping a baby in a cali

Martin keters

Martin keters

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
How do other owners sleep there children ? We have a 1yo son and have been out on a few adventures with him . In the beginning it was easy to sleep him up top but now he can walk etc etc we need to sleep him downstairs . So a trip turns in 2 me or my wife sleeping downstairs with our son and 1 on the top ( not always that bad ) maybe there’s a few people out there with some bright ideas we haven’t thought of .

How do other owners sleep there children ? We have a 1yo son and have been out on a few adventures with him . In the beginning it was easy to sleep him up top but now he can walk etc etc we need to sleep him downstairs . So a trip turns in 2 me or my wife sleeping downstairs with our son and 1 on the top ( not always that bad ) maybe there’s a few people out there with some bright ideas we haven’t thought of .

We have two boys. After 150+ nights in the Cali we have yet go find a completely satisfactory sleeping solution. Ideally both boys would sleep in the upper berth and us below. Whenever we try this we are invariably woken and have to change sleeping orders to calm a crying child. So usually what happens is one of us goes with one of the boys. Other permutations include one adult with two boys or two adults with one boy, but never (yet) two adults with two boys.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Definitely the parcel shelf. Our daughter has just turned 3 and she still fits just fine (she is on the small side for 3 but you’ll be fine with a 1y/o)

It’s a secure space as when you raise the headrests it’s nice and enclosed. We use her Sleepyhead Grande as a nice way of making it cosy.

We used to turn both front seats and made a bed with a cot matress out of them filling the gap with home made box.

There’s is a company (forgive me I can’t remember the name) that makes a child hammock that hangs over the two front seats. We hired a van last year (to test before we bought) and the guy threw it in for us to use. Our son had just turned one and it seemed to work very well. He now sleeps up top as he likes it cool
I’m sure if you google it you will find it.

We have two boys. After 150+ nights in the Cali we have yet go find a completely satisfactory sleeping solution. Ideally both boys would sleep in the upper berth and us below. Whenever we try this we are invariably woken and have to change sleeping orders to calm a crying child. So usually what happens is one of us goes with one of the boys. Other permutations include one adult with two boys or two adults with one boy, but never (yet) two adults with two boys.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Luxery problem really isn’t it but at least i know we are not alone .

There’s is a company (forgive me I can’t remember the name) that makes a child hammock that hangs over the two front seats. We hired a van last year (to test before we bought) and the guy threw it in for us to use. Our son had just turned one and it seemed to work very well. He now sleeps up top as he likes it cool
I’m sure if you google it you will find it.
Yes ! I’ve seen it pass on internet ... forgot all about it . I will have a look and see if i can find it ... with any luck they have or ship to belgium

When we bought our Ocean last year, we were a family of 2+2 (boys were 6&4), which was easy, kids upstairs, parents downstairs... but now we are 2+3. We may not try this season, but the expectation is boys (7&5) up top, wife and baby downstairs (and me in an awning)!

Depends how much sleep we can all get :)

Hi, Our friends have just bought a T5 Van and intend to travel with us to France in November, we we’re discussing where their 11 month old could sleep in their van? They are purchasing a hammock for their 3 year old to go over the front seats. Any ideas for sleeping baby please?

Hi, Our friends have just bought a T5 Van and intend to travel with us to France in November, we we’re discussing where their 11 month old could sleep in their van? They are purchasing a hammock for their 3 year old to go over the front seats. Any ideas for sleeping baby please?

A T5 Cali? If so then the rear parcelshelf is the perfect spot. All fully contained so they can’t roll out. We used a Sleepyhead Grande on top of the parcel shelf mattress when ours was little and it was perfect. Now they are 4 1/2 and still sleep there (but they are tiny!)

We bought a front seat bed, but never used it. Instead we used on of these in the upstairs bed, worked really well with a sleepyhead. Best erected up there. We used that travel cot/sleepyhead combo pretty much everywhere, on ferries, hotels and friends houses also.

Our "child" is a Golden Retriever. We made him a bed across the front seats as explained here:
End result here:
No reason why this wouldn't work for a child!

A T5 Cali? If so then the rear parcelshelf is the perfect spot. All fully contained so they can’t roll out. We used a Sleepyhead Grande on top of the parcel shelf mattress when ours was little and it was perfect. Now they are 4 1/2 and still sleep there (but they are tiny!)
+1 for the parcel shelf, our youngest slept there until she was about 2 and now she sleeps upstairs with either her sister (4yo) or me!

Back