Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sleeping on airport car park?

powysjune

powysjune

VIP Member
Anyone know if you are allowed to sleep overnight in your van on Liverpool airport's open air (long stay) car park? We will be dropping some French friends off there on the way back from Scotland to catch a 5am flight and would ideally like to park up about 10pm, put the roof up (as there will be four of us) and have a few hours' kip before they catch their flight and we drive home to Wales. We would obviously expect to pay the parking fee, but will security come round and move us on? If so, is there anywhere suitable to park up in the lanes nearby? Many thanks for any advice.

At the current levels of security, unless you asked I would expect to be woken in the night maybe even at gun point! Rather you than me.

I've just got back from holiday, had an early morning flight going out so slept in the van at manchester airport long stay with no problems, i didn't, however, pop the roof but I don't see why security should object even if i had, it's obvious why one would be sleeping in the van. To be on the safe side you could phone to ask.

Don't ask for permission, beg for forgiveness (if anyone asks).

Back