Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide Out Boot Tray Full With for under 3 seat rock and roll bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SallyHG

SallyHG

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anybody please recommend (or not) the slide out boot tray that is made in Germany? Also and preferably is anybody already making them in the UK? The postage from Germany being prohibitive And it’s a bit tricky getting over there at the moment. Plus they’ve sold out. Basically it covers the whole of the boot floor, takes 120kg and slides right out to access everything in the boot.

DB9DA63C-9373-4561-9154-DDCCE9163A55.jpeg

My own opinion is that you lose some of the flexibility of the Beach by having a slide out tray.

We position our bench in three distinct places on the rails:
1. Right back against the shortened multiflex
2. Against the extended multiflex
3. Position for making the bed.

A slide out tray would only suit one of those positions and would need removal for the other two.

Instead I have made plywood crates which fit exactly in the boot and can be used in different combinations or orientations depending of the position of the bench and whether on not I have the fridge in the boot.

Thanks for your reply. We have had the beach for a couple of years now and know what we want. We leave the bed (as seats) in exactly the right place to sleep in. This gives us all the space we need for our equipment. We already use the right size storage boxes to fill one of these trays if ever we find one. We are not surfers but over 60s artist and photographers... Bad accident 20 years ago left me with residual back problems. There is no need to 'remove the other two' in our case. Plus if ever we sell we could remove the tray if it wasn't wanted and have lost nothing.

Ive been looking at Bulligang - they seem confident that there kit is the very best - haha - seems durable not compared costs etc - ciao for now

Ive been looking at Bulligang - they seem confident that there kit is the very best - haha - seems durable not compared costs etc - ciao for now
Do watch out for customs duty now, its a big hit.
Remember it on the side of the bus? Nor me either.

Can anybody please recommend (or not) the slide out boot tray that is made in Germany? Also and preferably is anybody already making them in the UK? The postage from Germany being prohibitive And it’s a bit tricky getting over there at the moment. Plus they’ve sold out. Basically it covers the whole of the boot floor, takes 120kg and slides right out to access everything in the boot.

View attachment 71622
We have the Calicap, but club shop now offers similar. Far easier to access boxes etc.

Attachments

• 31F8F6E4-C35C-4AE6-BC74-3375BC1A4143.jpeg
    31F8F6E4-C35C-4AE6-BC74-3375BC1A4143.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 83
  • A5E1C10E-412C-45D5-90A4-F266258F86F1.jpeg
    A5E1C10E-412C-45D5-90A4-F266258F86F1.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 80

View attachment 71622
Some of the folks on here have built their own versions of the slide out tray; maybe worth a look ?

View attachment 71622
We have the Calicap, great bit of kit, wouldn’t be without it, so yes we would highly recommend. Club shop now do something along similar lines but no idea of the quality. Calicap is expensive but excellent quality.

The shop one is great quality fully welded aluminium tray fully welded stainless steel frame

The shop one is great quality fully welded aluminium tray fully welded stainless steel frame
But I understand it is not full width, so not suitable for the Beach. Also they don’t offer delivery?

Not heard of them but looked on line. Cheaper than the one I have found previously and also takes more weight. Not sure about delivery to uk yet but useful. Thank you.

Not exactly going to help you too much, but I’ve got one for the ocean and it’s fantastic. Certainly a huge gain for those with back issues. My back problems are relatively minor compared to many and it helps me.

there are a couple of posts showing what kit you need to DIY. It might be worth finding a local fabricator who can have a look at the general design and make one for you. Probably won’t save a tonne of money, but gets over the import issues going on at the moment.

EDIT: Just sent the post from CaliKev that was posted a few minutes earlier. Just get get that one.

Not exactly going to help you too much, but I’ve got one for the ocean and it’s fantastic. Certainly a huge gain for those with back issues. My back problems are relatively minor compared to many and it helps me.

there are a couple of posts showing what kit you need to DIY. It might be worth finding a local fabricator who can have a look at the general design and make one for you. Probably won’t save a tonne of money, but gets over the import issues going on at the moment.
I’ve done exactly that but they made me nervous. It is in effect having in effect a prototype made. They were concerned about getting the strength right so it didn’t bow down and scrape on the van. Imagine it fully extended (bit like a dishwasher drawer.

The shop one holds my weight and the sliders are rated to 120kg

Yes but it’s not for a Beach sadly

This is one of the shop’s ones... for a Beach.
68b26d912a1aa1a0bf14f418b6ff1f94.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back