Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slidepods Webasto Black Friday deal and general aux heater questions.

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've just been looking at the options for Parking Heater retrofits, I know there are already quite a few threads discussing this but have some questions I can't see covered.

1) Has anyone used Slidepods to install? I know they are active on here and seem very helpful, I'm in Chichester so doable in a day and quality of the install would be important to me.

2) Slidepods are offering a 7 day programmable timer, what are other people using? I really want remote control plus the option to set a temperature to maintain (i.e. a thermostat!) at night. What about mobile enabled options?

3) I'm thinking the B-Pillar vent install is too risky in terms of warranty etc plus the seat base vent looks ok to me if done nicely. Presumably the circular step intake I've seen in pictures can still be covered by the proper VW step intake though as this looks nicer.

Any other good / bad experiences of experiences on the South Coast, happy to receive DM if you'd rather not post on here.

We're only considering this as my wife has finally admitted she was wrong to veto the parking heater, I should have listened to the advice on here when we ordered :)

What’s the price for the heater installed? I spoke to the guys at slide pods when I decided to buy our van which was a demo and had everything we wanted, except for the heater! I wanted a rough quote and some info. They were very helpful and took a lot of time to explain things to me. If and when we do it, I’ll def give them a call again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slidepods did my install of a webasto, very happy with it. I watched the install, the guys looked after my van and were very careful. They are authorised installers too which is always a good call.

My observations:

The 7 day timer with thermostatic add-on is really nice, but the standard would be good too. The nature of the air intake in the front footwell (coldest part of the van) means it doesn't measure temperature very accurately, a problem on almost all heaters of this kind. I would recommend adding the room temperature sensor too to make the thermostat much more accurate. I added mine after and it does make it better.

2kw is more than enough for the space, works a treat.

I didn't go b pillar but had the heat vent in the seat base. Slidepods now do very clean CNC cut inserts for the seat bases which can be colour coded to look lovely. I had these retro-fitted and it looks lovely. I don't feel so bad I didn't have have the B pillar kit now.

1565955492369-png.48811

Last edited:
Thanks @MattBW, do you get a remote control with that timer?

Did you have the CNCd panel fitted to both seats so they matched? If they did a black one then I think I'd be happy with just the drivers seat being modified.

Once I have definite agreement from Beth I'll make some phonecalls :)

I had both done seats, the driver seat has a vent in it, I just don't have a photo of that on my phone. I don't think it is expensive for the cnc inserts, I think I paid about £25 a pair.

I didn't get a remote control with mine that would have been an addition. I know Webasto do a telestart remote module with a fob or Slidepods at the time recommended a Thermocall (its a gsm based addon that you can control via your phone). I didn't get either but should be easily added.

The 7 day timer is pretty good, I will however add a remote of some kind at some point, would be great on a cold day.

I've just been looking at the options for Parking Heater retrofits, I know there are already quite a few threads discussing this but have some questions I can't see covered.

1) Has anyone used Slidepods to install? I know they are active on here and seem very helpful, I'm in Chichester so doable in a day and quality of the install would be important to me.

2) Slidepods are offering a 7 day programmable timer, what are other people using? I really want remote control plus the option to set a temperature to maintain (i.e. a thermostat!) at night. What about mobile enabled options?

3) I'm thinking the B-Pillar vent install is too risky in terms of warranty etc plus the seat base vent looks ok to me if done nicely. Presumably the circular step intake I've seen in pictures can still be covered by the proper VW step intake though as this looks nicer.

Any other good / bad experiences of experiences on the South Coast, happy to receive DM if you'd rather not post on here.

We're only considering this as my wife has finally admitted she was wrong to veto the parking heater, I should have listened to the advice on here when we ordered :)

Thanks for posting this deal, looks good!

Im thinking about getting a heater fitted for my Beach as well and had spoken to Slidepod about it recently.

Do you know if it affects the warranty? I forgot to ask them! :thumb

It shouldn't effect warranty, it certainly didnt effect any of mine. The only part of the install you can't reverse is to cut a small hole for the air in vent in the right hand side step. In theory that could effect body warranty in that smell area but when mine was done it was treated before being installed to prevent any issues.

Back