Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Door Adjustment / Alignment - Can anyone help?

Louis II

Louis II

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with adjusting the sliding door on my 2015 T5 SE.

It used to make quite a clatter on bumpy roads and having read some threads on here and the t4 forum I have made the following adjustments:

Moved the catch on the rear of the door frame inwards so that the door is pulled harder onto the seals at the back edge.
Adjusted the top & bottom roller arms to pull the door harder on to the seals at the front edge.
Realigned the location pins on the front edge of the door so that they mate evenly with the witches hat's on the B pillar.
Removed, disassembled & greased the witches hats & lined their sockets with adhesive PTFE tape

This seems to have eliminated the noise however there is now no contact between the rubber pad next to the witches hat and the metal plate next to the location pin which I assume means the full weight of the door is borne by the plastic withes hat sockets.

Does anyone one know if this is how it should work or better still know of a technique / systematic approach to adjusting the door properly?