Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door blind

T

tonycosgrove

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The blind on the sliding door catches on the lower section, which does not line up properly. I think I have read that this is a known problem and that VW have a "fix" for it. Can anyone help, please? It's going in to SMG on the 6th August for several warranty issues. Many thanks.

The blind on the sliding door catches on the lower section, which does not line up properly. I think I have read that this is a known problem and that VW have a "fix" for it. Can anyone help, please? It's going in to SMG on the 6th August for several warranty issues. Many thanks.

Mine was sorted when I went in for a recall on another simple issue. Dealer knew the problem and it two days had a replacement B Pillar cover. Sorted.

NB: I believe it was just the lower half needed replacing but dealer knew. Mine was done in Bristol.

Mike

Mine was sorted when I went in for a recall on another simple issue. Dealer knew the problem and it two days had a replacement B Pillar cover. Sorted.

NB: I believe it was just the lower half needed replacing but dealer knew. Mine was done in Bristol.

Mike
Many thanks, Mike.

The problems is the lower b pillar trim top clip, no new trim is required there is a rubber spacer (which is actually the same part as the seal for the electrics on the fresh water tank) that is to large for the job it’s doing which pushes the trim to far out and causes the miss alignment of the blind and trim. It’s an easy fix pop off the upper B pillar trim and ease the top of the lower B pillar trim out you can then remove the spacer cut it in half throw part of it away and fit the other bit back in to the trim clip refit both trims and hay presto it all aligns again.

[QUOTE="Vw guru, post: 296376, member: 17023 It’s an easy fix pop off the upper B pillar trim and ease the top of the lower B pillar trim out you can then remove the spacer cut it in half throw part of it away and fit the other bit back in to the trim clip refit both trims and hay presto it all aligns again.[/QUOTE]

Hay Presto? is this a quick horse feed??

I digress, I always grab lower trim panel to align it for the blind. Would love to sort it but what are my chances of removing and more importantly replacing the trims without breaking the same?

:cheers

I digress, I always grab lower trim panel to align it for the blind. Would love to sort it but what are my chances of removing and more importantly replacing the trims without breaking the same?

helps hold it down and stops it creeping open

The problems is the lower b pillar trim top clip, no new trim is required there is a rubber spacer (which is actually the same part as the seal for the electrics on the fresh water tank) that is to large for the job it’s doing which pushes the trim to far out and causes the miss alignment of the blind and trim. It’s an easy fix pop off the upper B pillar trim and ease the top of the lower B pillar trim out you can then remove the spacer cut it in half throw part of it away and fit the other bit back in to the trim clip refit both trims and hay presto it all aligns again.

Thanks @Vw guru. Yep I believe your correct as been mentioned on here before and I was going to look at mine myself. Casual remark when I was booking mine in for a recall on something else and they were aware.
Definitely replaced the B Pillar on mine as previous one had a small scuff. No doubt your fix will do it. If your in anyway probably worth a mention and let someone else do it.

Mike

[QUOTE="Vw guru, post: 296376, member: 17023 It’s an easy fix pop off the upper B pillar trim and ease the top of the lower B pillar trim out you can then remove the spacer cut it in half throw part of it away and fit the other bit back in to the trim clip refit both trims and hay presto it all aligns again.

Hay Presto? is this a quick horse feed??

:cheers[/QUOTE]
To be honest very easy I will post some pictures on this thread tomorrow.

:cheers[/QUOTE]
To be honest very easy I will post some pictures on this thread tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

A picture worth a thousand words. Just knowing where to lever and or pull would be a great help. (like in so many situations!)

Mine is a PITA on Alfie, was fine on Albert.

My offside windscreen blind is a dogs dinner as well.

Oil change imminent, apart from those two things nothing else to be done so a big smile on my face with the way Alfie is following on from Albert. Simply superb.

Push the lower trim really hard against the bodywork and it clicks back into place.

[QUOTE="Vw guru

Hope these images help[/QUOTE]

Excellent thank you. I’ll have ago when I can find some of those lovely gloves!!
Got a Carista today so am playing with that.
Any idea what the different auto lock when moving methods are? I am being offerered 2 methods.
Can’t break it , can I ?

[QUOTE="Vw guru
Hope these images help[/QUOTE]
I had a problem running a cable from front to rear on the passenger side and managed to dislodge the upper B pillar - getting those pins shown on the last picture to realign so that the seatbelt height adjuster worked was a nightmare, any suggestions on keeping things so they realign easily?

[QUOTE="Vw guru

Hope these images help

thank you. I’ll have ago when I can find some of those lovely gloves!!
Any idea what the different auto lock when moving methods are? I am being offerered 2 methods.
Can’t break it , can I ?[/QUOTE]

Vw for some reason removed speed locking from 2012 on I don’t know why so the factory system cannot do it. I use vag com to do that sort of coding what are you being offered ? You can’t break anything as long as you write down the original coding then you can always revert back to standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Vw guru
Hope these images help
I had a problem running a cable from front to rear on the passenger side and managed to dislodge the upper B pillar - getting those pins shown on the last picture to realign so that the seatbelt height adjuster worked was a nightmare, any suggestions on keeping things so they realign easily?[/QUOTE]

They are a bit tricky I normally put the belt in the lowest position that seems to make it easier to realign it

Excellent thank you. I’ll have ago when I can find some of those lovely gloves!!
Can’t break it , can I ?

Vw for some reason removed speed locking from 2012 on I don’t know why so the factory system cannot do it. I use vag com to do that sort of coding what are you being offered ? You can’t break anything as long as you write down the original coding then you can always revert back to standard.[/QUOTE]

Think I may have taken this thread elsewhere, sorry. Good info on the B pillar.
Will do a search for the Carista on here and see what comes up.
Thanks again.
:cheers

Thank you for the info and pictures. My Cali has been in to Coventry Van Centre 2 or 3 times to fix this issue. Will do it myself and hopefully fix it once and for all.

SM
SMG Cowfold recently sorted sliding door and passenger blind. Both are fine now.

Just had mine done by Breeze in Poole whilst it was in for service - now works perfectly.

What a great post on an issue which has been annoying me since taking ownership of my Ocean......the “pics” gave me the confidence to resolve it myself, which I have now done in about 15 mins thanks to VWguru. I hope I’m not tempting fate by admitting that this is the only issue I have had in 19 months of what can only be described as a wonderful relationship with the vehicle. Thanks once again......yes I could have had it done under warranty, but it would have meant a long costly journey to a dealership and I do love diy and the opportunity to learn more about the Cali.

As an update on my blind channel on the sliding door,. Thank You Mr Guru for the very clear and informative photos. Have finally had a go and without the pictures to aid me would still be out there now.
Cut the little grommet washer thingy in half and it is now a lot better. Time will tell.

The final pic. showing the alignment of the seat belt slider especially helpful. I owe you a drink....

Cheers. :cheers

Thanks for excellent photos , easy simple fix
Dave and Lisa