Sliding door internal handle issue

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

Retired, and working hard at it
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So this morning we woke to find we couldn’t use the sliding door internal handle to open it. It’s a power assisted (standard) 6.1 door, and the internal handle feels normal (springs back etc) but it doesn’t unlatch the door. The exterior handle works fine, so I’m assuming it’s got nothing to do with the contacts on the B pillar or the door. Pulling the door closed from inside works fine, and the door latches as it should. Just no go opening from the inside.

Looking through existing threads, I don’t see another thread with this exact failure.

Ahead of me getting the van booked in, are we missing something stupid??

image.jpg

Has the child lock button been pressed?
Yay - in one !! I almost feel ashamed creating a new thread on such an “infantile” issue !! Many thanks !
Don't be too concerned. This thread has just reminded me that there is a child control button; one day I must locate it.
I'm still baffled by the door control buttons on the dash, they never seem to operate in the way I think that they should from the description in the manual.

Don't be too concerned. This thread has just reminded me that there is a child control button; one day I must locate it.
I'm still baffled by the door control buttons on the dash, they never seem to operate in the way I think that they should from the description in the manual.

You will spend a long time looking! it was new feature on the T6.1 & is a button by the door mirror controls.

Earlier vans have a child lock operated by putting a screwdriver or key in a slot on the front edge of the door.

Back