Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door noise from the middle track.

E

Edwood91

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all, I’ve searched the forum for a similar thread but others seem to be having issues with the soft close mechanism.

the Cali is around 2 months since delivery and has just developed this grinding noise while opening the sliding door. It’s automatic and has only just started while we were away. I keep thinking that perhaps I’ve washed something away like lubricant when taking it to the jet wash because it was only a few days previous that I had washed the van and it was the sat un-driven before our trip.
Has anyone experienced a sound similar? Is there anything like dry lubricant that can be sprayed places in the channel or is it best to take it in to a workshop.
We live in Germany and are visiting family in the U.K. so won’t be ‘home’ for around a month. I’m not keen to have a dealer take our only mode of transport away from us while we’re away but equally don’t want to leave the problem of it’s only going to make it worse!
Appreciate any insight!

Hi all, I’ve searched the forum for a similar thread but others seem to be having issues with the soft close mechanism.

the Cali is around 2 months since delivery and has just developed this grinding noise while opening the sliding door. It’s automatic and has only just started while we were away. I keep thinking that perhaps I’ve washed something away like lubricant when taking it to the jet wash because it was only a few days previous that I had washed the van and it was the sat un-driven before our trip.
Has anyone experienced a sound similar? Is there anything like dry lubricant that can be sprayed places in the channel or is it best to take it in to a workshop.
We live in Germany and are visiting family in the U.K. so won’t be ‘home’ for around a month. I’m not keen to have a dealer take our only mode of transport away from us while we’re away but equally don’t want to leave the problem of it’s only going to make it worse!
Appreciate any insight!

@Edwood91 , if the Cali is just 2 months old, best to take it back to the dealer. It seems to be a frayed cable causing the rubbing sound, but best for the dealer to fix a new vehicle.

On Lubricants, if you want to try first - use a dry PTFE lubricant that gathers less dust/grime. You can use this on the lower, middle and top channels and see if it reduces or removes the noise. then all is good.

1627023014987.png

PS: Welcome to the forum as well.

@Edwood91 , if the Cali is just 2 months old, best to take it back to the dealer. It seems to be a frayed cable causing the rubbing sound, but best for the dealer to fix a new vehicle.

On Lubricants, if you want to try first - use a dry PTFE lubricant that gathers less dust/grime. You can use this on the lower, middle and top channels and see if it reduces or removes the noise. then all is good.

View attachment 81867

PS: Welcome to the forum as well.
Hi kurienp,
Thanks for this! I know, being a new van I want it fixed properly but being away I can’t afford to be without our only transport! I’ve ordered this now and see how I get on, it it doesn’t fix the problem I’m sure it will have other very good uses in the Cali!
:)

Hi kurienp,
Thanks for this! I know, being a new van I want it fixed properly but being away I can’t afford to be without our only transport! I’ve ordered this now and see how I get on, it it doesn’t fix the problem I’m sure it will have other very good uses in the Cali!
:)

Yes, noticed your note on travel to the UK/family.

The repair itself is not too hard, but an involved process. If you have the time, check out this video

Back