Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door not latching in the open position

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, our sliding door has recently stopped catching/latching in the open position. When you open it the small hook doesn't seem to want to slide past the peg to hold the door open. If you use the handle to operate the catch the hook will move and allow the door to move a little further and latch in the open position.
I wonder if the pin I can see is actually the pivot for a roller and we have lost a roller. Any advice would be appreciated, having searched the forums as best as I can see and what I find refer to fittings on the door rather than the body parts of any catches

Hi from my T5 but cant imagine its changed much - but yes there should be a roller for the hook to slide over and lock onto.

image_67236609.JPG

Beeechke, T6 is identical to your picy.

cali4 - if you remove the plastic cowl that sits over the black bottom door bracket you will see a cable / ferrule that operates the latch release and some springs (underside of the bracket) which return the latch after the cable is released, these work on a simple pin & benefit from silicone spray and a clean, as does the roller latch itself

@Beeechke1 @Perfectos Thank you both for the feedback.
I thought the shiny mark on the pin was where a roller had broken off the pin, but seeing your photo I realise it was not.
Having got everything dried out and used a different lubricant with PTFE things are working once more.
Are silicone lubricants better than PTFE ?

@Beeechke1 @Perfectos Thank you both for the feedback.
I thought the shiny mark on the pin was where a roller had broken off the pin, but seeing your photo I realise it was not.
Having got everything dried out and used a different lubricant with PTFE things are working once more.
Are silicone lubricants better than PTFE ?
PTFE lube is fine :thumb

Ours was not latching as smoothly as it was, so gave it a shot of white ptfe grease (dry lube) a couple of weeks ago. Instantly better and the grease is holding up.

Back