Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door unlocking with issue

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Up until about a week ago the sliding door on our MY08 Cali would unlock with the single press of the remote key, along with all the other doors. It now takes a second push of the remote button to unlock the slider. All other doors still unlock on first press. I'm guessing it was some key pushing combo I did one very wet night that may have changed this unlocking process, but I'm not sure what it was or how to remedy it. I've read through any relevant section in the the handbooks, but can't find any reference to this. Does anyone know how to get the sliding door unlocking on first push of remote key again? Thanks. Hugo

Hi if it’s just the sliding door effected then the lock u it in the door is faulty book in with your local dealer and get it replaced :thumb

Update; the sliding door now sometimes unlocks on first push of remote,and sometimes takes a second push. It seems it's not a programming issue, rather a very minor fault. As it still does unlock, I'm ok with that. My thumb wont wear out any quicker by having to push a button one more time. Such is life with an 11 year old vehicle. If it stops unlocking at all, then I'll go throw some dollars at the local VW workshop. Thanks for your reply VW Guru.

Mines the same, I did wonder if changing the key batteries would make a difference as they are still the original ones .

Update; the sliding door now sometimes unlocks on first push of remote,and sometimes takes a second push. It seems it's not a programming issue, rather a very minor fault. As it still does unlock, I'm ok with that. My thumb wont wear out any quicker by having to push a button one more time. Such is life with an 11 year old vehicle. If it stops unlocking at all, then I'll go throw some dollars at the local VW workshop. Thanks for your reply VW Guru.
Mines the same, I did wonder if changing the key batteries would make a difference as they are still the original ones .
Try changing the Remote Fob batteries. Easily done. They don't last for ever.

Had a similar issue with my 2010 T5.1. The sliding door lock didn't open sometimes even after a couple of pushes on the fob.
It was the remote lock in the sliding door that was faulty.
I would get it replaced before the sliding door gets closed in safe mode, not to open any more.
But just as usual, at VW prices of course.

Rather late update; I changed to using the other key,which possibly had a newer/fresher battery and the problem went away. Then the keys got mixed up and I wasn't sure which had the newer battery, but it seems both keys now make the sliding door unlock on first push of remote... Now I need to address the high brake light popping-out issue, which I've just noticed it's started doing on the RHS.