Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Door won’t open from the inside.

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Whilst away in rainy Cornwall last week our sliding door failed to open from the inside, but continues to operate from the outside and lock / unlock as normal.

At first I thought it might be associated with the child lock, but have switched it both ways and no good.

I have removed the door card this afternoon to reveal the lock mechanism hoping to see a rod had fallen off etc but everything looks to be in order.

Does anyone have any experience of such a problem?

Many thanks for your help,

Andrew.

Whilst away in rainy Cornwall last week our sliding door failed to open from the inside, but continues to operate from the outside and lock / unlock as normal.

At first I thought it might be associated with the child lock, but have switched it both ways and no good.

I have removed the door card this afternoon to reveal the lock mechanism hoping to see a rod had fallen off etc but everything looks to be in order.

Andrew.
Not had mine fixed yet, just coping.

Andrew.
How easy was it to remove door card as my door handle is loose?
Are the electrical contacts clean?
Not had mine fixed yet, just coping.

How easy was it to remove door card as my door handle is loose?
Are the electrical contacts clean?
To remove door card there are some screws underneath and then it just pulls off .

My door would not open from the inside in September. I did noting and it is working again how. The only think I can think is that I also had to push the door hard to keep it open, it is also looking in open easier now. Maybe i just pushed it so hard to get it to stay open that I have reset something inside the door so it now opens from inside OK too. I did think if it was due to temperature changes but it is in a underground garage where the temp is about 20C.

Hi Barbara
Dont know whether that may help. I had problem of openjng the sliding door from inside and I had to really slam back the door for it to stay in place when opened.
I was told to lubricate the "double rolls" that keep it in the open position.
It worked.

I used the diagram to fix mine so thanks Loz.

The operating rod (4 above) had somehow overturned the bit it goes into so I disassembled it all turned it back the way it came from using a flat screwdriver.

Not sure that makes sense but it's working anyway!

It's stopped working again so I am going to 'crack open' the actuator and have a look inside :)

On the plus side I can take it all off in 5 mins now...

I have opened up the actuator and had it working but now a spring has pinged off and I can't see where it goes back! I don't suppose anyone has a photo of inside the actuator for reference?

Driving me mad being so close to fixing it..

Finally gave up and decided to replace...

Now my part has the ID 7H0 843 654 DG and the dealer wants £200!

I have seen parts on eBay that have the same number but not the DG at the end - can anyone confirm whether this matters?

In the photos they look exactly the same...

VW will sell you the latest part. Known problems are out of those pieces. If you buy second hand or older pieces, they might have bugs in them, being less robust, and thus more likely to fail sooner than the latest part.
It really is up to you if you trust or can be sure you buy a new part without problems.
At VW you will have a 2 year warranty on the new piece. Doesn't matter if you replace it yourself or if VW does it.

OK so I ended up getting a part from TPS for £140 inc VAT.

When it arrived it had the part number 7H0 843 654 CC which I have seen for £100 on eBay!

On eBay it's listed as a T6 part and not compatible with mine but it fits and it is working!

Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future...

Thanks! I have the exact same issue, overturned connector to the rod.