Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sliding doors under cooker and sink

Juliette ryan

Juliette ryan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Advice needed please - the bottom runner for the doors keeps popping out - creating a gap and making the doors not flush when closed. Not a huge problem but Im getting fed up of having to keep on clicking it back into position - then the slightest movement and it pings out again. Thinking may be glue?

Advice needed please - the bottom runner for the doors keeps popping out - creating a gap and making the doors not flush when closed. Not a huge problem but Im getting fed up of having to keep on clicking it back into position - then the slightest movement and it pings out again. Thinking may be glue?
If it’s not taking too much weight or being stressed, I would try using some silicone sealant rather than a strong bond just in case you need to remove it in the future, unlikely but you never know!

It is not glued it is just clicked into position, But it does need a really firm pull towards the frame for a double click. And I do mean firm, both hands and pull.

I had the same problem on one of my Calls. On closer inspection the track had perished a bit. I ended up putting some sealant on as already suggested. Never had a problem since.

I had the same problem. The runner had partially split at the front end where it clicks in under the bottom edge of the cupboard. I now have a piece of appropriately fashioned cork wedged between the lower runner and the vertical cupboard divider/upright. Being in the middle of the run it keeps both ends held in and doesn’t interfere with cupboard space. Has been working well for about 9 months so far!

Thank you all - on 'to do' list for next weekend - I'll let you know how I get on.

Back