Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Table Leg Issue

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I wondered whether anyone could help me identify what part is missing?

The leg for the sliding table no longer affixes to the underside of the table, and is a nuisance when folding the table out or in, as it has to be held in place to stop it falling down on the cabinet doors.

I've attached photos of both what is in place on the underside of the table, and the bottom of the table leg which just seems to have a black nobble.

This week as part of my service I asked VW to source me a part, but they said I would have to take a new table as they do not provide any catches independently - £370 plus VAT!!!! (in fairness even they said they were shocked). I said no thanks.

If I could find out what needs to be there, then I can probably come up with an improvisation.

...Can't seem to upload the images, maybe someone can help anyway.

Thanks

Chris

How about an elastic strap for a temp fix to hold in place

Andy - Yes I think i'll have to go for something like that - cheaper than £400.

Still can't load the images - for some daft reason no doubt :).

Thanks.

HC - I've searched the email threads and there are none related to the supporting leg not affixing to the table :(.

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure what to make of it, but will browse it...

Tryed and search myself , and seems there are treads on the table but nothing on the leg not securing ....
If you take a look at the link above you can find detals on every bits and pices ...
Like here you can see every part that should be on your table...see whats missing and order it.
image.png

Yes thanks HC. I navigated to this diagram, but as you say the relevant catch/securing mechanism does not appear on it from what I can see.

image.jpg I went through the same painful process and I couldn't find the part so fixed it myself.
I found a steel tube with a good fit to the pin holding the leg, cut this to length, filed the plastic away and glued the tube in place with epoxy resin.
It's been in place for some 5 months now and all is still good. Works a treat so far! Pics above/below. Be careful in aligning the tube as this will affect how leg clips at the bottom.
image.jpg

Many thanks Calicasas - I'll take a closer look at what needs to be done when I get in the van tomorrow, now that I have your pics.