Mr T Mr T 1  
Darren Durham Darren Durham 3  
Bellcrew Bellcrew 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2  
CaliforniaBen CaliforniaBen 2 I plan to not come last at bowling this time
J Jester 2  
Toot-toot Toot-toot 2 All booked
SimonB SimonB 2  
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2 Booked up with fingers crossed!
Moose Moose 2 Plus 2 dogs
T3OMF T3OMF 2 Plus 2 Old Dogs
GlennR GlennR 2 Plus Frazzle the dog
PJ500 PJ500 2 Arriving Thursday + dog !!
Speleo62 Speleo62 2  
Riggers Riggers 2  
dayslikethis dayslikethis 2 Just outside main field next to entrance gate
colinmurray colinmurray 2 All booked
GillianC GillianC 1  
C CaliAM 2 Hi. As the rally field is full, we have booked in to the caravan site. First rally, so looking forward to meeting some kindred spirits. Alison and Mark
Arlene Arlene 3 We've just bought a Cali but don't have it yet. Slimbridge is local to us. Would it be possible to pop in Friday evening to say hello and get some advice on awnings, bike racks, portaloos etc etc!!?
I’m considering this, if allowed with a wee Eriba

We’re booked...that’s just Fred (the van), Dottie (the dog)...and me!
persect timing....it’s pushed me into thinking about my annual pilgrimage to Devon and Cornwall!

I imagine it is the last thing on anyone’s mind at the moment but if you are considering booking this meet please hold fire for the moment until we know what is happening,

Tudor Caravan Park has just announced that it has temporarily closed for the foreseeable...

As Loz says, Tudor Park has just announced to the people who have a booking that the park is going to be closed for the foreseeable future, a copy of the email is below.
Tudor Park1.jpg

They are offering to try to reschedule the date for later in the year.
As the situation in the country is so fluid at present and changes from day to day, I suggest you contact the site if you want further information.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

Simon

I may contact them for a refund as no guarantee that a revised date (whenever that might be) will be convenient......The email mentioned a booking reference, but I booked over the phone & don’t remember being given one.... am I correct or were others given a ref no. over the phone?

I may contact them for a refund as no guarantee that a revised date (whenever that might be) will be convenient......The email mentioned a booking reference, but I booked over the phone & don’t remember being given one.... am I correct or were others given a ref no. over the phone?
You should have received an email confirmation

Depending when back to normal we will arrange another meet but we will probably choose a campsite with hard standing pitches. Obviously we will be back at Silmbridge for next year.

Nope, I've had no email, as I'm sure I remember that no email address was requested on the phone call...... I guess I'll just try calling tomorrow....

I guess we can postpone this meet until better times? Still be nice to have it..... we’ll meet again don’t know when don’t know....
Long time no see G&T, hope you are both well xx Bob/Maggs

As @Toot-toot said, they sent an email out after the booking to confirm it and the booking ref is on that.

Simon

Hi Simon,

As I mentioned, I've had no email confirmation, and as such I've got no reference.

The money was taken off my card on the 28th Feb so I have a traceable trail, but I'll call them to see if I can sort it out.....

Hi Simon,

As I mentioned, I've had no email confirmation, and as such I've got no reference.

The money was taken off my card on the 28th Feb so I have a traceable trail, but I'll call them to see if I can sort it out.....

Same for me, no email confirmation post booking. Sure it will be sorted once I get around to contacting them.

Hi everyone. I've been in discussions with the campsite at Slimbridge to see if we can reschedule the Meet.

I didn't want to plan it too early and then have to cancel again, so we have agreed with them the weekend of 18-20th of September.

We will be following the updated advice from the Government and hopefully we will have a better idea by August about how the restrictions are at that time.

This date is just under 2 weeks before the rescheduled Meet in Looe.

I will update this thread with any more information I have.

Simon

Last edited:
The site have confirmed that anyone who hasn’t already cancelled or moved their booking to another date will automatically be transferred to these dates, if anyone can’t make those dates they will honour their payment for an alternate booking.

Simon

Hi @SimonB , I am trying to book a place for September meet in Slimbridge but seem to have come up against a brick wall. No one answers the phone, I left a message, no reply (four days ago). Followed with an email two days ago and have no answer. Can you help?

Hi @SimonB , I am trying to book a place for September meet in Slimbridge but seem to have come up against a brick wall. No one answers the phone, I left a message, no reply (four days ago). Followed with an email two days ago and have no answer. Can you help?
Hi Rik - I've only managed to communicate with them by email. He wrote back and said the phones were manic, so they were taking the calls they can, but doing most arranging by email. I would try that. info@tudorcaravanpark.co.uk There should be plenty of places left, but it got a bit confused at first, before the lockdown, because someone had put all the pitches in my name and the staff got confused and thought it was sold out.
Put a phone number on there as they may need to call you back to take the booking. I don't think, unless they've changed it, that you can book the Rally Field on line.
Can you let me know how it goes please.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Rik - I've only managed to communicate with them by email. He wrote back and said the phones were manic, so they were taking the calls they can, but doing most arranging by email. I would try that. info@tudorcaravanpark.co.uk There should be plenty of places left, but it got a bit confused at first, before the lockdown, because someone had put all the pitches in my name and the staff got confused and thought it was sold out.
Put a phone number on there as they may need to call you back to take the booking. I don't think, unless they've changed it, that you can book the Rally Field on line.
Can you let me know how it goes please.

Thanks
Simon
Thanks for your reply Simon (Hope you and Helen are well and keeping out of harm's way). The email I sent to Tudor was the same address as you mention above and I left my phone number on it too but nothing so far. I'll be more patient I think. Will keep you abreast of progress.
Cheers for now. Stay well.
Rik

Well that was interesting!
I have booked but not without a bit of a kerfuffle over "....will we be open or not.." and "I may have to move your booking if we are still closed.....".......OK, OK.....
Anyway tried to remain positive and made the booking in spite of non acceptance of Credit Card. Debit Cards only. See you all in September.

It has been built a couple of weeks ago so we are hoping that it is on the boat this week and looking at collecting it before the end of the month. It is a 600 in Reflex Silver/Indium Grey so we can still hide in the woods in France.

Did you have to pay?, They still have my money from the first booking as would not refund me as I can't make the rescheduled one

Had a call and then email from Grahame Fairall at TCP. Nice guy and pro active in trying to keep a business solvent.
You are receiving this email as you booked to join the VW California Club meet at Tudor Caravan Park, Slimbridge over the weekend of 5thJune 2020.

Obviously the whole country was in lockdown so this didn’t occur. All deposits have been transferred to the revised dates proposed by the Club – 18th September 2020. We’ve kept the same price.

We are hopeful that we will be re-opening soon so the meet can go ahead. This depends on when the government tell us it is safe and legal. We need to enjoy this beautiful weather!

Your Booking Details are:
Booking # Name Email
2925523​
Maggie wallermaggiewaller@live.co.uk

Please confirm you plan to come for the rally by replying to this email.

Regards

Grahame Fairall
For Tudor Caravan Park
http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com

Cotswolds Tourism - Tudor Caravan Park - Cotswolds Caravan Park Of The Year 2014 -
Ultimately if you can’t make the alternative meet, they’ll hold your funds for the future.
Didn’t ask about refunds as we will definitely go back there anyway.

Got my email conformation for the new dates yesterday. Grahame also called me just to make sure all was OK. Very helpful, considerate guy.