Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slovenia and Croatia Campsites

skinnywhippet

skinnywhippet

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We're heading into Slovenia for the first time, early next week, planning to spend a week or so in the country, before moving on to Croatia.

We would like to find small campsites, and would be really interested to hear any recommendations and also if people think we would need to reserve or phone ahead this time of year.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello skinnywhippet

I guess you already read this thread here.... and here.
I really like the country of Slovenia and Croatia.

IMO about reserving in Croatia: If you want to stay on a particular campsite it's almost impossible to go without reservation (especially close to the sea). The campsites in Slovenia are less crowded (except the ones next to the sea or in Bled or Ljubljana). People are super friendly and there was always a place/pitch where we could stay. Again: just my own experience and I look forward to visit these countries very soon again.

Hello skinnywhippet

I guess you already read this thread here.... and here.
I really like the country of Slovenia and Croatia.

IMO about reserving in Croatia: If you want to stay on a particular campsite it's almost impossible to go without reservation (especially close to the sea). The campsites in Slovenia are less crowded (except the ones next to the sea or in Bled or Ljubljana). People are super friendly and there was always a place/pitch where we could stay. Again: just my own experience and I look forward to visit these countries very soon again.
Thanks that's really useful, we will probably just play it by ear in Slovenia and call ahead in Croatia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, the forum is very popular and has hundreds of new posts every day. :)

Back