Small/Compact Microwave Oven

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
How many folks out there use a microwave in their Cali? And if you do use one what size and make is it?
I am looking for a small/compact oven and having looked at a number of threads (which are fairly old) I thought I would refresh this topic as I'm sure I'm not the only person who would be interested. All help and comments gratefully received.

Daewoo QT1 sits under rear bed section and slides out a little but still used at the rear. I use for reheating home made meals or ready meals from supermarket when on my own. Worked great and only 600 watt. If you take meals from home in fridge it makes life so easy.

Not a microwave but we use a quest oven. Sits in top of left hanfd cupboard. Great for reheating meals, toast, croisssants .. cooked some lovely chicken in it .

Not a microwave but we use a quest oven. Sits in top of left hanfd cupboard. Great for reheating meals, toast, croisssants .. cooked some lovely chicken in it .

What size Quest oven do you have? 9L or 18L?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wayv product was due to launch in 2017 but seems to have been delayed. I shall keep my eyes about me on this one. Thanks DC.

For information the Daewoo QT1 in situ and its storage. Note it takes little space and the space includes 18 inch TV in case and fishing rods plus 3 Ikea boxes and Brandrup window ventilation set

P2110052.jpg

P2110053.jpg

P2110054.jpg

P2110055.jpg

P2110056.jpg

Nooooo....Rik are you mutating to a camper who carry's a microwave!
Get yourself together asap...;)

After 8 hours walking or fishing the microwave is a boon when away myself. Lazy sod maybe but who cares:thumb Hardly ever take the TV but at least shows storage capabilities. The wooden board below the microwave is for my easel for watercolour. My mobile studio and outdoor palace.

Nooooo....Rik are you mutating to a camper who carry's a microwave!
Get yourself together asap...;)
No TV - have to watch something.........and I always liked roundabouts!;)
Edit: No need to panic just yet as no decision made.....the leader of the opposition will have final shout anyway no matter what I say!!

Small quest oven from go outdoors. Fits in big drawer. Great for m and s meals and sausage butties for breakfast. Think I was following granny Jen’s advice.

Small quest oven from go outdoors. Fits in big drawer. Great for m and s meals and sausage butties for breakfast. Think I was following granny Jen’s advice.

Found the Quest 9L oven on Amazon for £23.99 free delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another Quest user here. Have it in the back and it sits on the top by the sink when in use. Great for pizza (Waitrose do an oval shaped one ideal size and also a folded pizza. ). Also great to use when weather is “awful” and too wet to open window for gas or put roof up.

Also Asda sell some really nice meals in a pouch which are designed for a microwave but can also be heated on the hob. Can’t remember the name of them at the moment. Eg Chicken casserole etc

Googled and it only uses about 4.5 amps. So last night had my oven, low voltage oil radiator, tv, kettle and fairy lights all on. On chilly nights all required. Used to be a bit nervous so only did one at a time. Very useful and all fit in big drawer.

The quest oven is a joke :D

It weigh's nowt, bits fall off it when carting it from boot to living space, it's footprint leaves enough room on the internal table to have a laptop, glass of wine and a bose speaker enjoying comfortable room: it is virtually indestructible (mine has more dents in it than my sister's car) has been dropped multiple times and almost run over once and instantly still cooks the best garlic bread on the planet.

Mine is now over 4 years old, looks a wreck and works a treat.

As this was an update, I wonder if the ridge monkey has changed the game here? Especially for those who feel an aversion to carting an oven or microwave in the boot.

Ovens, portable toilets. . Any one take a washing machine away with them :headbang

Ovens, portable toilets. . Any one take a washing machine away with them :headbang

Oh yes.

When we went away with the grandchildren I knew things were going to get a little messy so I popped one of these behind the drivers seat :shocked

realist-makina-yikama-makinasi.jpg

Back