Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

small problem for man but annoying to mankind, maybe not

Dick Gillberg

Dick Gillberg

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi, I've a T5 with, I think the comfort dashboard, the door in the center doesn't close right. It's not much to ask about but with all of you're knowledge somebody might know how to fix it.
Thanks!
tempImageAJf7ey.png

Ok, sorry for my dramatic headline. It was just for fun. I'm a new user of VW cars and mine is a multivan that I use like a beach, but without the top. Just with the lower bed and multiboard. I could be wrong but there must be other with the same dash board?

Cheers, Dick

Hi Dick,

That is very different to my dash on my 2015 but I believe others should have it for sure.

Seems they break for many people

Thank you, for your'e answer. Mine is also 2015, but VW did many versions as seen.

I think that is exclusively a left hand drive layout and part. May be wrong....

I have the same dash, its the Comfortline Dash

Super comfy with a luxurious feel, it really is pleasing to the
senses also making it stand out from the rest and takes away the builders van feel.

Would i order again?? Yes, for sure.

Hi, I've a T5 with, I think the comfort dashboard, the door in the center doesn't close right. It's not much to ask about but with all of you're knowledge somebody might know how to fix it.
Thanks!
View attachment 66767
DG, I would do two things
1. Hold it with two fingers on both sides and give it a very slight wiggle while pulling it forward.
2. When open, squirt some dry PTFE lubricant at the two connecting edges.

The T6 has a similar mechanism cubby hole and I solved a slight sticky lid on mine using the above technique.

As the UK only had Transporter dashboards in their California's, it looks different from most of the other European countries. Most will have the (for us) Multivan dashboard. I think it finishes the California as a vehicle.
It gives a more luxurious look. Just like the self opening glove box lid (only if you want it to open of course).
This is the best picture of my dashboard with the closed lid.
IMG_20190720_202518.jpg

Thanks. Thats the same dashboard that I got but youre closes perfect, I see. Have to try to make mine the same.

Back