Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small under bench drawer for T6 Ocean

Carolinegallen

Carolinegallen

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi
I've been searching threads for information about retro fitting a small drawer under the bench seat, next to the big drawer. Is there any current information as to where I can buy this part? The threads I've found have been older and I'm not having much luck.
I'm in the dearles again (warranty new fridge being fitted) and will ask them, but I seem to know more than them, so I'm not expecting much there.
Thanks xxx

I guess you will need at least the drawer, some rails, and some skill to do it yourself.
VW won't retrofit such things as this is not original to your van.
You will need all the parts before you can get a go for it.

Hi
I've been searching threads for information about retro fitting a small drawer under the bench seat, next to the big drawer. Is there any current information as to where I can buy this part? The threads I've found have been older and I'm not having much luck.
I'm in the dearles again (warranty new fridge being fitted) and will ask them, but I seem to know more than them, so I'm not expecting much there.
Thanks xxx
I had a brain wave. I'm going to get hamster baskets to make me a bespoke tray. Which will be a fraction of the cost of a drawer. I will velcro it down and keep my fire extinguisher and first aid kit in it.

There’s definitely some posts somewhere with vw part numbers too

Here you go I did a screenshot of it about 2 yrs ago as I was also wanting one..just looked through my pictures and found it for you

EC84B15A-4E63-4AB6-9957-C8542ABCFC5B.png

Hi
Thanks xxx
I fitted the small drawer on our 17MY late last year, so the prices might be slightly out of date. I think the only thing that has changed between model years is the trim colour. Ours was Moonrock on a 17my

These are the part numbers I used & cost

7E7068041A 92W x 1 - Drawer - Note the 92W means this is the Moonrock Grey - £142.69 + VAT

N90775001 x 8 - Screw - Total £4.56 + VAT

N90562401 x 2 - Screw - Total £2.48 + VAT

Total inc VAT (not including runners) £179.68, this was with no discount

I bought the runners from SCF Hardware

Soft Close Ball Bearing Hettich Drawer Runners – Quadro V6
- Length: 450mm DRQD900450 2 £25.36 £50.72

Delivery was £8.50 for the runners.

The instructions on the forum are still valid, I used a rachet and screwdriver bit to attach the runners.

I am awaiting delivery of my new T6 Ocean in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if this small drawer is part of the standard spec? Thank you!

I fitted the small drawer on our 17MY late last year, so the prices might be slightly out of date. I think the only thing that has changed between model years is the trim colour. Ours was Moonrock on a 17my

These are the part numbers I used & cost

7E7068041A 92W x 1 - Drawer - Note the 92W means this is the Moonrock Grey - £142.69 + VAT

N90775001 x 8 - Screw - Total £4.56 + VAT

N90562401 x 2 - Screw - Total £2.48 + VAT

Total inc VAT (not including runners) £179.68, this was with no discount

I bought the runners from SCF Hardware

Soft Close Ball Bearing Hettich Drawer Runners – Quadro V6
- Length: 450mm DRQD900450 2 £25.36 £50.72

Delivery was £8.50 for the runners.

The instructions on the forum are still valid, I used a rachet and screwdriver bit to attach the runners.

Many thanks. Everything for this van is so expensive!

I am awaiting delivery of my new T6 Ocean in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if this small drawer is part of the standard spec? Thank you!
The space where the small drawer fits is actually a cover which can be removed to enable the owner to carry longer items, such as skis fishing rods etc. I keep odd things like jump leads in there in an oblong Ikea container, these are easy to remove should I want to carry something long.

Tom

The space where the small drawer fits is actually a cover which can be removed to enable the owner to carry longer items, such as skis fishing rods etc. I keep odd things like jump leads in there in an oblong Ikea container, these are easy to remove should I want to carry something long.

Tom
I'm wanting the frond off and something that fits nicely, to put fire extinguisher etc in. I have to access from the body of the van as I have a large dog crate in the back.

A perfect location for a pair of levelling blocks, two Thule side panel support struts, a Fiamma curved rafter pro and a decent golf umbrella. Put a small draw in there and it would make such storage impossible.

If you go to the resources section and look down the list you will see an HOW-TO GUIDE Guide to fitting extra drawer under bench seat there you will find all the information you need.

I forgot to mention you have to download it.

Caroline, your location looks like a postcode, just a polite suggestion that it might be worth changing this to something more vague rather then providing the location of your Cali...
Hi. Good point thanks. But how do I change it? Just tried and can only see how to change my avatar.

Hi. Can someone send a pic of what is meant by the small drawer? I feel i am missing out on some v. useful extra storage, but not sure whats being referred to here or how to access it. TA.!

Hi. Good point thanks. But how do I change it? Just tried and can only see how to change my avatar.
Just been playing with this myself.
If you click on your name in the top right hand corner next to the envelope and bell sign, then click on account details. Then scroll down you will see location. You can just change it and then save.

I think!!

Hi. Can someone send a pic of what is meant by the small drawer? I feel i am missing out on some v. useful extra storage, but not sure whats being referred to here or how to access it. TA.!

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 18.33.00.png

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 18.32.44.png

Where do you get the parts from?
Thanks

Caroline, your location looks like a postcode, just a polite suggestion that it might be worth changing this to something more vague rather then providing the location of your Cali...
Changed. And once again thanks. I'd not realised.

Back