Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

smell from green liquid in toilet is it always that strong .

mcQ

mcQ

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
i seem to smell of toilet mix stuff by thetford , have not used new loo but i seem to smell of the stuff like it gets in pores of skin a bit of nausea ??

Should not smell at all. Is there a problem with the seal on the lower part of the thetford?

Try with less liquid or dilute with water.

i seem to smell of toilet mix stuff by thetford , have not used new loo but i seem to smell of the stuff like it gets in pores of skin a bit of nausea ?

How much did you use and did you pour it into the waste tank?

It’s a vile pungent smell ... you prob used too much but the smell should change once you start filling it. Keep it in your kitchen cupboard: should be fine in there! :sad

Last edited:
Should not smell at all. Is there a problem with the seal on the lower part of the thetford?

Try with less liquid or dilute with water.
hi i empty it i think i used to much flush pink stuff as its not air sealed i guess it could be that many thanks

It’s a vile pungent smell ... you prob used too much but the smell should change once you start filling it. Keep it in your kitchen cupboard: should be fine in there!
think it was the flush mixture that is the strong smell guessing that's easy enough too remedy many thanks Mark

How much did you use and did you pour it into the waste tank?
had about 3 litres of pink flush rolling about on top don't think that's air sealed its probably that many many thanks i am still smelling of the stuff .

had about 3 litres of pink flush rolling about on top don't think that's air sealed its probably that many many thanks i am still smelling of the stuff .
Were you using it neat? You do realise it’s about a cupful per flush tank. (Refer to manufacturers instructions).

yes just might have over done it a little with flush and a mount 3 litres water and 100mls of flush

yes just might have over done it a little with flush and a mount 3 litres water and 100mls of flush
If you’ve used 100 ml per 3 litres of water you should not be smelling of it or feeling nauseous.

We use a bit of zoflura in the flush it tends to smell a lot nicer..But there are lots of toilet chemicals on the market we buy the Aldi one and it’s really not to strong smelling..

Reactions: mcQ
We use a bit of zoflura in the flush it tends to smell a lot nicer..But there are lots of toilet chemicals on the market we buy the Aldi one and it’s really not to strong smelling..
will try i emptied the flush good clean out and just put in waste water and green pod and sprayed silicon stuff on rubber make sure no oder coming back air tight container many thanks will try the Zoflurea to humid to be wearing a NBC suit in van cheers Mark

Back