Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Social isolating - Not!

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hundreds of cars parked beside the mountain in Wales March 21, as walkers went for a hike up the mountain. They have been warned by a mountain rescue group that they could be putting themselves and volunteers at risk if they need to be rescued while out walking as the coronavirus outbreak escalates.

89D4DC77-C28B-48AC-B2FB-F5A4C3AC442E.jpeg

Hundreds of cars parked beside the mountain in Wales March 21, as walkers went for a hike up the mountain. They have been warned by a mountain rescue group that they could be putting themselves and volunteers at risk if they need to be rescued while out walking as the coronavirus outbreak escalates.

View attachment 56428
"The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honour, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognise individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death by their own actions. "
Shame they also affect the vulnerable/volunteers as well.

A very sad indictment of today’s society - totally self-centred and irresponsible. One can only hope that the reality may eventually start to dawn and perhaps one good thing will come out of all this and people might start to think about others and not just themselves, but at what price!

A very sad indictment of today’s society - totally self-centred and irresponsible.

or maybe just a little naive,
I think everyone is coming to terms with the new reality, it may take some folk a little longer to adjust than others.

People are treating this like an extended Easter VayCay... :mad:

or maybe just a little naive,
I think everyone is coming to terms with the new reality, it may take some folk a little longer to adjust than others.
The thing is the penny drops at different times for different people. For people that have already had the realisation they will be infuriated with those that haven’t. The penny has well and truly dropped with my family,and I find that it really grips my tish with the ones waiting for the drop to happen

I would like to think that many set off with good intentions, thinking they would go to the only wilderness they were aware of, but were too naive to realise others might do the same.
I’d like to think that to. Maybe it needs to be made clearer to people to please stay at home. I get that if you live in a flat and don’t have access to outside space that it is a huge deal but a bigger deal is the possibility of someone passing away from your actions and not staying home

I would like to think that many set off with good intentions, thinking they would go to the only ‘wilderness’ they were aware of, but were too naive to realise others might do the same.
If that is the case, then having arrived and seen all of the cars, wouldn’t you have liked to think they would have turned around and gone home

Common sense and Intelligence don’t always go together. The Darwin Awards will be busy .

View attachment 56428

If this type of idiocy continues, quite a few campervans could find they have a free 2 tone paint job.

Peak District packed today - like first day the school summer holidays. 2 meter social distancing works perhaps when out and about but not when they fill up their cars and motorbikes plus buy things from the shops. Exposing the shop workers and the local population to a whole new batch of germs ... Boris needs to grow some - seems to be dragging his feet and always behind other countries in his decisions and leadership.

Matlock 220320 5ish Corona.JPG
Just to give you some idea Matlock today 4:30 ish . Busier earlier, all sat outside the closed pubs and cafes

You do if you have that many visitors over running rural areas - loads of people are treating it like an extended summer holiday !
Perhaps not such a big issue on the Scottish hills, easy to walk all day and see less than half a dozen people. Avoid the popular spots and it can be done safely.

Unfortunately, the reality is that we will not be able to go anywhere over at least the next 3 months. I had naively thought that I would be OK going to campsites in Millie but just to be sure contacted the campsite on the Gower we had booked for a few nights in Easter week. They assured us all was fine and they were looking forward to seeing us. I would be very surprised if we are able to go there now and even day trips walking or with the bikes seem a bit unlikely now.

Yes, but don't go further than your local emergency services and hospital area. Even then, if you have an accident, you are putting additional pressure on the NHS.
Going for a walk is not a high risk activity,. Key is keep perspective stay sensible and stay safe. This will go on for months, maybe a year or more, I for one cannot stay at home that long.